SAVE IT i found the u model brochure truck for the 80's

this is the u model in the brochuer thing for i think the early 80's. i found (whats left of the truck) in a junkyard in Nebraska. the exact junkyard is C&H truck parts. here are the pics of it and what she looked like new. can someone tell me the exact year of the brochuer? i hope someone saves it. here is a link to the listing too.

http://www.candhtruck.com/chtruckdb/SalvageDetails.aspx?iCID=6&nIDX=21&type=salvage&iID=1431

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

this is the u model in the brochuer thing for i think the early 80's. i found (whats left of the truck) in a junkyard in Nebraska. the exact junkyard is C&H truck parts. here are the pics of it and what she looked like new. can someone tell me the exact year of the brochuer? i hope someone saves it. here is a link to the listing too.

http://www.candhtruc...alvage&iID=1431

Did the early U models with the 285-300 have a hood scoop like the R models, today i saw a U model hood with a hood scoop didnt know if it was factory. trying to talk the guy out of it. Ron

i dont know if hood scoops came from the factory with u models. they might of been a special order if you ordered a truck. any pictures of that u model your tryin to buy?

It is just the hood, didnt get a closeup of the hood but the guy said it was a U model. i just want the hood scoop. Ron

Did the early U models with the 285-300 have a hood scoop like the R models, today i saw a U model hood with a hood scoop didnt know if it was factory. trying to talk the guy out of it. Ron

Should have ,Ron.I worked for a construction outfit that had some '76 DM's and they had scoops on them.Should be the same configuration for the U's

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

http://www.candhtruc...alvage&iID=1431

WoW Vinny! Bad ending for a U Model poster child! I don't have that brochure in my collection.I do have a Value-Liner brochure of the same vintage somewhere around here! Just off the top of my head, I would say '79-'80.No galvanized cab yet,for sure! No intercooler (besides the box on the motor).Now that I think of it,there was really no room for the chassis mounted one on a U.DM's had them,but not the U.HMMMMM? Yeah, cool truck though!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Nice U model. Shame it's in such a bad way considering its pedigree. It got me thinking about the promotional paint jobs. Were they just one offs for publicity or did mack offer them as factory paint jobs as well? I have a copy of the 78 Mack Western Brochure which features the superliner, Cruiseliner and valueliner all in a crisp black yellow and orange striped finish. I saw a picture of a Superliner in the same colours on the road in a book and wondered if it was the same truck as in the brochure?

Probably catch some flak for saying this, but it doesn't look too far gone if you had a good roller for the shell. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Probably catch some flak for saying this, but it doesn't look too far gone if you had a good roller for the shell. Paul

Nothing is ever too far gone,in the world of truck restoring,is it? I was thinking the same thing,Paul! It could be brought back.

This one is a 79 with the same paint..maybe it's an intro paint job. Paul

post-3242-0-25752300-1331348336_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

absolutely...doesnt sound wierd at all...it looks pretty whole other than the rear section,,,and the drivers door.bob