A friend of mine passed away last year. He had a B61, that had since been sold, that had a aluminum hood. Does anyone know what trucks had these. I've seen several on B67's but they are shorter. He had it polished and it looked sharp. Maybe someone here has a picture of it from Macungie of 2010. The truck was purple with black fenders. Was a tractor. I looked through all my pictures and just realized that I have no pictures of it.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

seen a few aluminum hoods on regular b models over the years. one of my great grandfathers B62's had an aluminum hood i believe. Doug Fetterly's B61 integral sleeper has an aluminum hood also. doesnt seem to be any specific truck that it was used on, kinda random but i know most of the B75 series was aluminum. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The "L" in the serial is for lightweight version with various components made of aluminum . All seem to be set up different, on B models I have seen bumpers, spring hangers , transmission-differential housings, flywheel housings, brake shoes and spiders,intakes,steering box-column, fuel & air tanks, hubs, and hoods.

FW

The "L" in the serial is for lightweight version with various components made of aluminum . All seem to be set up different, on B models I have seen bumpers, spring hangers , transmission-differential housings, flywheel housings, brake shoes and spiders,intakes, fuel & air tanks, hubs, and hoods.

FW

I agree with you, they all seem to be set up differently. Each individual aluminum part must have been an option.

Where did Bobby Fiero's truck end up? I hauled coal with Bobby from Scranton Wilkes Barre area to Nepco and Panther Creek. He was driving the Superliner Tractor with the V8. He used to pass us going up Ashley Plains hill and look over and smile,not to rub it in but he loved driving the V8. We always met up at Macungie.Joe D.

The "L" in the serial is for lightweight version with various components made of aluminum . All seem to be set up different, on B models I have seen bumpers, spring hangers , transmission-differential housings, flywheel housings, brake shoes and spiders,intakes,steering box-column, fuel & air tanks, hubs, and hoods.

FW

My B75LT has aluminum spring hangers, hood fuel tanks and probably more that I dont know about.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

seen a few aluminum hoods on regular b models over the years. one of my great grandfathers B62's had an aluminum hood i believe. Doug Fetterly's B61 integral sleeper has an aluminum hood also. doesnt seem to be any specific truck that it was used on, kinda random but i know most of the B75 series was aluminum. Matt. Dougs b61 has an aluminum hood? Wow I never new that.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

also seen a B50P in a scrap yard that had all aluminum spring hangers, steering column, air tanks, valve covers, even the brace under the dash from the firewall to the steering column was aluminum. only one i ever seen. truck was rough but saveable complete with wnch behind cab and original dumping flatbed. have a picture of it somewhere. was a 1954. was in one of those famous scrap yards that you can look at but never get the bastards to sell anything. tried to buy it several times. old man ended up dieing and son in law sold everything to a big scrapper for $80 a ton. last time a saw the truck they pushed the top of cab down to the frame with a 345 CAT trackhoe.i did manage to save the sharp pointed eared bulldog off it. offered the asshole $10 to save his ass. miserable guy said youll never get it off, went in my trunk and took out a hacksaw and cut it off, under the m mount of course and took the bolt stubs out with vise grips. ruined many good trucks, even 53-56 ford customs with nempco conversions, many heavy B61SX dumptrucks along with about 15 B61T's and a few very early 1965 R models.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Yes it was Bobby's truck. He use to bust me all the time about my big V-8, How's the V-8 running? He loved the V-8's. Sal Merola Jr, from Pardesville bought the truck, so it stayed close to home. I was going to buy the truck, but by the time I got the money together, it was sold. Bobby use to drive for Jude Lonzetta of Hazleton. He still has his V-8, in fact, yesterday I just sold Jude 2 spare V-8 heads from a spare motor I bought off Bobby. His were cracked.

My 613LST does not have a aluminum hood but that doesn't mean it wasn't changed at one time or built with one. I just haven't seen many around. Maybe the ones I did see were painted. The b73 and 75 hood would be longer wouldn't they?

Yes that was bobby's truck and thanks for the pictures, we all love pictures. I bought alot of parts from Bobby. His truck had 1 NOS fender and I have the other, also 2 NOS inner fenders plus 2 or 3 shelves full of B parts.post-147-0-95582900-1329363186_thumb.jpgpost-147-0-36478100-1329363226_thumb.jpg

Yes, the pictures of him in his truck were taken June of 2010. When I was talking to him, he said a couple of months before, he had his spleen removed, The doctors told him if they didn't remove it, he would die, if they took it out, he had a 20% chance to live. It was not long after you saw him at Litiz, he decided to get a flu shot and 2 days later, he died. He got sick from the shot and never recovered.

His cousin Neal Deblasi drove Bobbys truck in the funeral which was a nice tribute.

Yes, the pictures of him in his truck were taken June of 2010. When I was talking to him, he said a couple of months before, he had his spleen removed, The doctors told him if they didn't remove it, he would die, if they took it out, he had a 20% chance to live. It was not long after you saw him at Litiz, he decided to get a flu shot and 2 days later, he died. He got sick from the shot and never recovered.

His cousin Neal Deblasi drove Bobbys truck in the funeral which was a nice tribute.

Thanks for the rest of the story,,,,,,,Was a good man and always a Mack nut

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM