Old Payloaders

Mike Blais

well i cant seem to upload the photoi want to but i have one of me standing infont of a 475b michigan wheel loader as my facebook profile pic but cant get it up here. spent many hours in a 275 b or c when i worked at the gravel pit heading there tonight i try to get some pics of the beast for you probably a little newer then yours. i always have had an intrest in this big old heavy iron for some reason.

well i cant seem to upload the photoi want to but i have one of me standing infont of a 475b michigan wheel loader as my facebook profile pic but cant get it up here. spent many hours in a 275 b or c when i worked at the gravel pit heading there tonight i try to get some pics of the beast for you probably a little newer then yours. i always have had an intrest in this big old heavy iron for some reason.

Keep trying with the pics -

We had a 150 Hough loader - that thing was a beast - the people we got it from had removed the old IHC diesel and replaced it with a 350 cummins - that thing had plenty of power but not a lick of brakes. You had to always know where something was that you could run the bucket into to stop it as needed!

well i gave up on trying to post pics it says i have allready used 10.2 mb of my 10 mb limit and i havent tried to upload anything yet dont kow what im doing wrong made them all diffirent sizes still wont work so i put a few pics in my gallery of some of the loaders i used to run hope you enjoy

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/member/7464-b813sam/ should take you right there.

thanks

sam

Here's one more shot. Right now it's being worked on at a local shop. The engine, a Waukesha 190-6 has been totally rebuilt. We gave up trying to fix the torque converter and got a used newer type that doesn't use a sprag clutch. Hopefully they can just re seal the tranny and it will be good. Where the rear wheels pivot the bearings were totally gone, one wheel was at an angle. They have to make alot of the smaller parts, you can't find thm any where. The counterweight was hanging by two bolts. They got it off and used a 50 ton press to get the bolts out. That was expensive but I thought the machine deserves to look respectable. We're still talking about a paint job since the machine is apart, now's the time to do it.

img2384re.jpg

Edited by Mike Blais

First loader I ever ran as a kid was a Cat 950 with no brakes and a stiff throttle. That will make an operator for. 8 years I ran it. finally got on something with brakes and didn't know how to act. I'd just as soon have one without.

O.K. Here she is on the day I got it. Pretty rough shape, any moving parts were worn out, especially the engine.

img2382re.jpg

O.K. Here she is on the day I got it. Pretty rough shape, any moving parts were worn out, especially the engine.

img2382re.jpg

Saw on just like this one for sale today in Jeffersonville, Vt. I think the sign side $5000.00

When I was a kid, there was an old man round town here who had a big Michigan rubber tired dozer. He coudnt trailer it, just drove it all over the place doing dirt work for people. It had a detroit engine with twin stacks and you coould hear him coming several miles away. It was old then. He ran it like that several years, just driving around doing all kinds of odd and end dirt work, even saw him going right through middle of downtown several times. The blade was super wide and he had to be careful and dodge all kinds of stuff with it. This day in time, they prolly would put him in jail for that now. He is still alive, in his late 90's. Bout 2 years ago, his wife died, they both still lived at home, poor old man couldnt afford to bury her, just boosted an old backhoe he had sitting out in his pasture and went out back on a hill on his farm and dug a hole and buried her himself. He did it before anybody knew what he was doing. A lot of people found out about it and offered to pay for exhumation and buy a coffin and plot and help him but he wouldnt have it any other way. Needless to say, he was super "old school". I like those old loaders of all kinds, but they can sure turn out to be money pits. I ran a cat 992 a lot in strip mine, dern thing was like driving a house! randyp

When I was a kid, there was an old man round town here who had a big Michigan rubber tired dozer. He coudnt trailer it, just drove it all over the place doing dirt work for people. It had a detroit engine with twin stacks and you coould hear him coming several miles away. It was old then. He ran it like that several years, just driving around doing all kinds of odd and end dirt work, even saw him going right through middle of downtown several times. The blade was super wide and he had to be careful and dodge all kinds of stuff with it. This day in time, they prolly would put him in jail for that now. He is still alive, in his late 90's. Bout 2 years ago, his wife died, they both still lived at home, poor old man couldnt afford to bury her, just boosted an old backhoe he had sitting out in his pasture and went out back on a hill on his farm and dug a hole and buried her himself. He did it before anybody knew what he was doing. A lot of people found out about it and offered to pay for exhumation and buy a coffin and plot and help him but he wouldnt have it any other way. Needless to say, he was super "old school". I like those old loaders of all kinds, but they can sure turn out to be money pits. I ran a cat 992 a lot in strip mine, dern thing was like driving a house! randyp

Good for him - an employee of mine just lost his mother, and to have a wake, a simple funeral, and have her cremated cost over $7000.00 that he and his siblings had to borrow to get it done. What a joke - what happened to earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust?

Gather up however many pieces I am in at the time and lay me in a cardboard box in the ground so I can add to the tilth of the soil.

Around here in the Millington Area (NW Shelby Co) we are 4 miles South from the Tipton Co. line there are 2 funeral homes here in NW Shelby & South Tipton Co. 1 of the 2 funeral homes has 2 locations 10 miles apart.

& it is 2 out of 3 brothers in a family who i grew up around & are like family to me , that still live here in the Millington area that deal w/ death every day around the Millington & Tipton County area .

The Youngest Brother is the UnderTaker for the local funeral home that has 2 locations . the older brother is the Grave Digger. Grave digger used to put in septic lines w/ my family years ago & dig footings & do all kind of backhoe work. along w/ digging graves .

The Grave digging got to profittable for him & keeps him busy so much that he had septic tank license for as long as i could remember (& im 36) he let those go bout 10 yrs back. traded his Case & New Holland backhoes in for a New Holland Mini Excavator (not sure of the size but its a bigger one w/ cab,A/C & Radio ,Back fill blade & Rubber Tracks) & pulls it w/ a F550 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke. he has all but 1 cemetery in the area. not too bad the only reason why he doesnt have the 1 grave yard is because that is the other funeral home here in the area . he had it too for a long time till they bought a 310 John Deere backhoea few yera ago.

My Saying for the 2 brothers is if you live in the Millington or South Tipton Co area Chances are Good The Pike Brothers got ya in the end .

I Told my friends & family When i pass yall make sure i have Gold half dogs on the side of the coffin & a Gold Dog On the top of the coffin & Mack hood scrips on the side . My boss laughed & asked me where did you get this idea .? i said you anit never seen the movie Convoy have ya ? he said nope. i handed him the dvd told him what scence it was & told him to study it lol.. he trold me the next day @ work that was a trip to see how they tricked the coffin out & said that would be somthing i would do . :loldude:

As for R.T Loaders . my 1st R.T Loaders was a 530 I.H. & 950B Cat. hardly any brakes on either 1. MyPop's ole partner in crime that he sub contracted for ALOT Had a 45C Michigan w/ a 453 Detroit . used to like operating it just because of the Screamin Jimmy motor . :loldude: Though it didnt hardly have a lick of brakes on it half the time either although they tried to keep brakes on it .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: