I got "O'd" EPA'd and Euro'D today

I went to the body supply shop I've been dealing with since I was 16 for paint for my 1980 R.It just came back from Weldbilt getting the chassis stretched and prepped for the body. I've grown very fond over the past 20 or so years of PPG Del Star Acrylic Enamal. Three coats @ 60 PSI, come back in the morning and assemble or two tone it. (My trucks are all white with orange roof and fenders) Plus it shines like a diamond in a goats ass. I found that I need to replace most of my PPG reducers and hardener, use their Euro Barrier with the "NEW EURO FRIENDLY" stuff and change from 3 coats @60 to 5 coats @30. PPG changed the formula to conform with Euro Blue Regulations. If I use my stock of older supplies the top coat may or may not harden fully for an extended period.

Thank you EPA, O Wammy and The European Union for making my world a little greener and my face a little redder. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I went to the body supply shop I've been dealing with since I was 16 for paint for my 1980 R.It just came back from Weldbilt getting the chassis stretched and prepped for the body. I've grown very fond over the past 20 or so years of PPG Del Star Acrylic Enamal. Three coats @ 60 PSI, come back in the morning and assemble or two tone it. (My trucks are all white with orange roof and fenders) Plus it shines like a diamond in a goats ass. I found that I need to replace most of my PPG reducers and hardener, use their Euro Barrier with the "NEW EURO FRIENDLY" stuff and change from 3 coats @60 to 5 coats @30. PPG changed the formula to conform with Euro Blue Regulations. If I use my stock of older supplies the top coat may or may not harden fully for an extended period.

Thank you EPA, O Wammy and The European Union for making my world a little greener and my face a little redder. Paul

what a joke,,anymore everytime you turn around,,its something else.lol.bob :thumbsdown:

I got one guy at work that recycles batteries, has a cute little box on his desk for AAA, D cells, etc...Has a fit when he sees batteries on the garbage. One of these days he is gonna come into work and find a Group 31 on top of his pile...we'll see how he acts then!

what a joker,,,id be dumpin them in the trash,right in front of him,,,just to hear him squeeling.lol.bob :clap:

Paul,

I was always a big fan of Del Star myself, what a freaken shame!! Well let me just point out 2 of about 1,000 or more stupid things that are going on here! #1 How many millions of these new light bulbs that the Gov is forcing on us have Mercury in them?? ALL OF THEM!!! Just what do you think the Land Fills will look like in 10 years?? Anyone see a major EPA clean up in our future?

#2 why don't they take all of our waste oil and start pumping it back into the old dry oil wells in Texas an PA?? Lets just start those old pumps up an start pumping the used oil back into the ground an in 20 years we'll have enough oil for the next 100 years, It's below our water table Is It not??

BULLHUSK

Paul,

I was always a big fan of Del Star myself, what a freaken shame!! Well let me just point out 2 of about 1,000 or more stupid things that are going on here! #1 How many millions of these new light bulbs that the Gov is forcing on us have Mercury in them?? ALL OF THEM!!! Just what do you think the Land Fills will look like in 10 years?? Anyone see a major EPA clean up in our future?

#2 why don't they take all of our waste oil and start pumping it back into the old dry oil wells in Texas an PA?? Lets just start those old pumps up an start pumping the used oil back into the ground an in 20 years we'll have enough oil for the next 100 years, It's below our water table Is It not??

BULLHUSK

Waste oil is for killing all my poison ivy and summac, too valuable to recycle. The floresent bulbs,we have to hand deliever them to the dump...oops recycling center, than a employee comes out in a hazmat suit to retieve them from the counter. Always want to accidently drop one to see the panic. :whistling:

Well I hear Rowdyrebel got a stash,I'll trade him ammo for some of the old ones, 5 rounds for one 60 watter.

Here are two more...almost funny if it wasn't so pathetic. My son builds and flies Estees rockets with his Boy Scout Troop (hes assistant scout master),.The store that supplies the Rocket Engines and ignitors says that after 33 years of being classed as flamible solids the are now classes as explosives and will need to be ATF regulated. They are the size of a 1/3 pack of pennies.

The other son flies Big RC aircraft and after the "terrorist " attempted to hit DC with one , Shuemer now want federal licencing with the FAA and Homeland Security and limits on who can have them, when and where you can fly them and Federal registration of the plane and "pilot". Thats nuts

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It is nuts! I've straddled the ditch many times with my 4 wheeler and changed the oil- everybody did. Used oil was good for keeping dust down on dirt roads, woodyards, and parking lots too. Also killed lice on hogs. Used batteries were for dropping in the stacks to gut mufflers, back when the stack went straight into the muffler. Now mufflers are up underneath somewhere, nobody's really sure where.

I knew a guy that used to take bare copper wire and wind it around a flourescent light bulb and solder the ends to the prongs on the bulb. Then he would just lay it up on his dashboard- he claimed that it jammed police radar. I never tried it, have no idea it if really worked, but he believed in it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It is nuts! I've straddled the ditch many times with my 4 wheeler and changed the oil- everybody did. Used oil was good for keeping dust down on dirt roads, woodyards, and parking lots too. Also killed lice on hogs. Used batteries were for dropping in the stacks to gut mufflers, back when the stack went straight into the muffler. Now mufflers are up underneath somewhere, nobody's really sure where.

I knew a guy that used to take bare copper wire and wind it around a flourescent light bulb and solder the ends to the prongs on the bulb. Then he would just lay it up on his dashboard- he claimed that it jammed police radar. I never tried it, have no idea it if really worked, but he believed in it.

other dog,

You know the old sayin 'where theres smoke theres fire' Well when ever one of us kids would twist our ankle or burn ourselves my Mom would wrap the injury in egg/whites an gauze and your were fixed up! So I would have no doubt that it worked, only for the simple fact that the 'old timers' believed in what they did would work!! BULLHUSK

other dog,

You know the old sayin 'where theres smoke theres fire' Well when ever one of us kids would twist our ankle or burn ourselves my Mom would wrap the injury in egg/whites an gauze and your were fixed up! So I would have no doubt that it worked, only for the simple fact that the 'old timers' believed in what they did would work!! BULLHUSK

ya,,baby,,but dont forget about the kiss that made everthing feel better,,,god love her,,and rest her soul.bob

I used to do a lot of "hobby" automotive painting in my younger years,but nowadays its damn near immpossible to paint at home without a full vapor recovery system,a downdraft booth,a full ventilator suit,permits,licensing etc.and an act of congress to buy what are now "hazmat" supplies. I neeeded a can of white spray paint once out in california,of course it was behind lock and key,i needed to show I.D. and fill out a form determining WHAT and where i was going to do with it! just absolute bullshit!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Growing up in my father's Gulf gas station, we would clean the cement floor by dumping the acid out of a couple of batteries, let it sit for a few minutes and use a broom to work it around. Would then flush it with plenty of water. Did a great job of getting the grease and grime off of the floor and much better than Draino on cleaning the floor drains. Used oil? Dump it in the parking area in back of the building. Kept the dust down and controlled the weeds.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Growing up in my father's Gulf gas station, we would clean the cement floor by dumping the acid out of a couple of batteries, let it sit for a few minutes and use a broom to work it around. Would then flush it with plenty of water. Did a great job of getting the grease and grime off of the floor and much better than Draino on cleaning the floor drains. Used oil? Dump it in the parking area in back of the building. Kept the dust down and controlled the weeds.

Denny

wow thats very interesting,,,we used to throw down gasoline,,and push it around with a broom,,then throw floor dry down,and sweep up,,,excellant...bob

I used to do a lot of "hobby" automotive painting in my younger years,but nowadays its damn near immpossible to paint at home without a full vapor recovery system,a downdraft booth,a full ventilator suit,permits,licensing etc.and an act of congress to buy what are now "hazmat" supplies. I neeeded a can of white spray paint once out in california,of course it was behind lock and key,i needed to show I.D. and fill out a form determining WHAT and where i was going to do with it! just absolute bullshit!..................Mark

boy i hear ya,,,everything is a big deal,,,with these save the planet idiots,,now days,thats a good parta why we dont have any work,here,,i just spray away,outside,here.lol..bob

I told my wife I'm a proud member of PETA she got a might upset, til I explained PETA stands for

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

P.T.CHESHIRE

I told my wife I'm a proud member of PETA she got a might upset, til I explained PETA stands for

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

LMAO! i used to have a t-shirt that said something like "protect animals,keep them covered with gravy and mashed potatoes"!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

:SMOKIE-RT:

Things have gotten so weird! Up here we don't have the EPA on hand,as such,to screw things up for us. Of course the local landfill has their marching orders to conform to,but I don't think there's an actual local agent to deal with. There ARE things we're not equipped to deal with in a "green" manner. I recently ended up with about 15 gallons of gas so stale it looked like tar dripping from the fuel line,but the landfill won't accept it. Their solution? "Call the EPA office in Reno". I called,and got passed from one office to another for half an hour,then got hung up on. Good answer. I decided I'll mix it into my waste oil barrel and pump it into the landfill's waste oil tank,even if they don't accept fuels. It's that or wait until there's snow on the ground,take it out and dump it in a hole somewhere and start a bonfire with it,if it'll burn,and leave before the fire trucks arrive.

Seriously-how bad do you think it'd be if just cut funding for the EPA,re-evaluate the whole lot of 'em and re-train the keepers and fire the rest.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>