Does Anyone Care About Other Trucks Like They Care About Macks Here?

stev

a guy two towns over has a freightliner for sale. i looked around to see if there was a site like this for those kinds of trucks. i found a forum on a site called topix.com but it does not appear to be a useful resource for asking questions . . . .

so, are there resources for those "other" brands of trucks. . . . . ?

a guy two towns over has a freightliner for sale. i looked around to see if there was a site like this for those kinds of trucks. i found a forum on a site called topix.com but it does not appear to be a useful resource for asking questions . . . .

ya,man..thats what the other makes section is for,,,usually gets alotta responce.bob

Like Rob said LOL. The only other dedicated sites are for International Harvester, Marmon and CF/Freighliner. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

guess i missunderstood his question,thats really wierd,,,woulda thought pete would have one like this one...bob :twothumbsup:

They don't last long enough for anyone to actually care.

Go to truckpaper.com and click on a truck make, then limit the search to the year 1980. How many useful 30+ year old trucks are around?

Freightliner: 5 (lol)

IH - 149

Ford - 203

Peterbilt - 60

Kenworth - 225

Mack - 224

GM (GMC + Chevy) - 155

Now this isn't a scientific test but I would assume the majority of Ford and GM trucks are medium duty so we can knock them out. Next up is IH and I bet the same goes for them, mostly medium duty.

So that leaves us with a few true heavy truck makers, FL (before the 80's they had no medium duty), Mack, Kenworth and Peterbilt. You can see only 5 yes 5 freightliners from before 1980 are for sale. It looks like they cant last past 30 years (surprise surprise!). Limit the year to 1970 and you will see that Mack is in the lead with 44 trucks, Peterbilt with 13 and KW with 10. Most of the Mack's are B's and R's, a testament to their ruggedness and collector value.

An even better metric would be to see the number of truck produced and sold to those two years. Bottom line is no other maker has the respect Mack does. Even though Volvo looks to be unable to properly manage it, the drivers and owners will never forget the years upon years those Macks worked hard as hell for them and asked for more.

• Like 1

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The Brockway site is a good one for info on them,Brockway has a very strong ,decicated following,just like Mack only not as large.

• 2 months later...

White Trucks has a website ClassicWhitetrucks.com As Mike said Brockway has a very loyal following for a small truck manufacturer and website BrockwayTrucks.org. They have a show in August every year in Cortland,New York that is where they were built. They close down Main Street for the day and have parade of only Brockway's. Joe D.

I dont believe any make truck has the following Mack/Brockway has,but that is just my opinion.................i know at "modern" shows its all Pete/KW which shows me nothing more than a lack of createtivity, cookie cutter trucks,and more chrome,lights,garbage BS then any 5 trucks need!.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark It seems at most shows nowadays Pete and KW are becoming the main trucks. We owned them and they performed well but my preference is still the East Coast style of truck. I would rather see a nice Brockway or Mack with spoke wheels painted than aluminum and everything chrome. I think I am in the minority with my likes. Joe D.

Mark It seems at most shows nowadays Pete and KW are becoming the main trucks. We owned them and they performed poorly most times and we tried to hide when able, but my preference is still the East Coast style of truck. I would rather see a nice Brockway or Mack with spoke wheels painted than aluminum and everything chrome. I think I am in the minority with my likes. Joe D.

You are not in the minority.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nope,definately not! i grew up in Jersey,lived there all my life up until a few years ago,a also prefer the "east coast" look in a truck. I always liked the color schemes from new england,pinstripes,spoke wheels etc.you just dont see them anymore,which is a real shame! some of these " show truck builders" nowadays would'nt know a real truck if it fell on them! Up until a few years ago,i always went to MATS in louisville,but got tired of looking at overdone piece of shit KW's and petes so i quit going alltogether. I now really like the smaller ATHS type shows where i can show my boy what a real truck looks and sounds like,and i dont have to explain to some bubblehead what a Brockway is! or "why does that truck have TWO gearshifts".......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

:SMOKIE-RT:

I have to confess right here-I have a weakness for old GMC trucks. Let the floggings begin.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>