Some Pics Of The Rs

Yea its tuff keeping her clean. The paint job looks good from far but its far from good.LOL. but being a rock hauler I see little need for it to be a trailer queen. The dash came out good. Need to pit a cb back in and refinish the steering wheel. I'm thinking of fixing the cracks and repainting it white.

Lookin good Trent! lotta work to keep a black truck clean! (or any truck for that matter LOL!) but thats sure a sharp tractor!................Mark

Mark I was at my Local mack dealer today and was talking to one of the salesman. Talked about that Purple RS or RL 700 that was up my way. aparently They sold it and the sales man use to haul steel with the owner of that truck. Said when they stopped for food they would most times eat in his truck as it had AC. he said that the truck was taken to PA by the owners son. The truck may have been sold to a diffrent owner in PA? regardless it had a cat engine and at some point the head was removed to repair. while the head was off water got in the engine and rusted it out. The truck showed up at a junk yard in PA. He has pics of it. cab was all rotted out. Sorry about the bad news. but you and a handfull of other people were chasing that truck. He did say there was a blue western R model that looked very simmilar that is said to still be up my way. I have not seen it tho...

Trent

Mark I was at my Local mack dealer today and was talking to one of the salesman. Talked about that Purple RS or RL 700 that was up my way. aparently They sold it and the sales man use to haul steel with the owner of that truck. Said when they stopped for food they would most times eat in his truck as it had AC. he said that the truck was taken to PA by the owners son. The truck may have been sold to a diffrent owner in PA? regardless it had a cat engine and at some point the head was removed to repair. while the head was off water got in the engine and rusted it out. The truck showed up at a junk yard in PA. He has pics of it. cab was all rotted out. Sorry about the bad news. but you and a handfull of other people were chasing that truck. He did say there was a blue western R model that looked very simmilar that is said to still be up my way. I have not seen it tho...

Trent

"tis true.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Trent,thanks very much for the info! i did'nt put much hope that the truck was still in existance (or in one piece!) the search for this particular truck is what lead me to bigmacktrucks.com early on,Rob kinda filled me in on the details of what finally happened to it, it was a 1693-TA CAT powered tractor,which was a bit un-usual at the time. I have heard from several people that the truck was parted out/junked but where/when i still dont know for sure. I would still like to get in touch with the original owner,see if maybe he has some better pictures of some of the specific details ie: trans.,rears,interior etc. so when i do find a truck to restore,i'd like to make it as close as possible to the original. Maybe that salesman can get the vin# and i can always get the build-sheet info from the Mack museum.......anyway,thanks again for letting me know! i appreacieate it!.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Rob dident you say it was scraped or you thought it met the scrap man?.. I dont recall all the dealings but I know we have all talked about it. i will get the salesmans name...see I already forgot his name, LOL Im sure he would not mind chatting about it. when I bought my RS and had it at the dealer He had asked me if my truck was the one he was looking for. thats how we got to talking about it 5 years ago.

Who had the pics of it I would like to print them out and give them to him...

Thanks

Trent

Rob dident you say it was scraped or you thought it met the scrap man?.. I dont recall all the dealings but I know we have all talked about it. i will get the salesmans name...see I already forgot his name, LOL Im sure he would not mind chatting about it. when I bought my RS and had it at the dealer He had asked me if my truck was the one he was looking for. thats how we got to talking about it 5 years ago.

Who had the pics of it I would like to print them out and give them to him...

Thanks

Trent

The hood was being sold along with a few other small parts in PA during the 1997 show season from this truck in mention. This is about all I know about it. From my understanding it was the third and final RL755LST produced although I can't prove otherwise. It was titled a 1981 model. Mine, (RL755LST35359) is the second truck produced, is the only remainder, and titled a 1978.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Trent:

Let's carry on with this as all the information I've obtained on the truck is third party. Be interested to learn more. The only thing for certain on with mine is I'm the third owner and have spoken with the second, and the original purchaser's son. I also have the shipment order from Caterpillar containing the engine my truck was built with, and still resides in the chassis.

There is certainly more room for investigation......

Rob

WOW!! what nice stuff!! I hope my RL700L looks as good as those! As much as I like a 762 Brockway V12: I still think the R700's are nicer trucks, I like em even more then the Superliner's. The R model Mack is all Mack where-as the Superliner started as a Brockway. I don't want to go to the mattres's over this POST now guys!!!! caus I own an LOVE both Mac & Brock two of the greatest trucks ever built!!

BULLHUSK

WOW!! what nice stuff!! I hope my RL700L looks as good as those! As much as I like a 762 Brockway V12: I still think the R700's are nicer trucks, I like em even more then the Superliner's. The R model Mack is all Mack where-as the Superliner started as a Brockway. I don't want to go to the mattres's over this POST now guys!!!! caus I own an LOVE both Mac & Brock two of the greatest trucks ever built!!

BULLHUSK

Explain how the Superliner started as an idea from Brockway. The picture Iv'e seen of the prototype Brockway looks nothing like the Superliner. Mack already had a long nose conventionals prior to superliner. Aka LT/B-71/73/R-700.