Some Pics Of The Rs

yea he was telling me that the speedo stopped at 75 and it was a guessing game after that. He was telling us..... with a big smile on him... about running with some produce haulers thry IL and that at about 90 MPH that 13 speed would got real quiet.

Great work guys. That is a nice looking truck. Did you happen to get the serial number off of the truck and check to see if it matched any of the numbers for the RL753LST that I had found numbers for?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That wasn't one of the ones that I had found. There is only one 11GB number showing related to the 1674 in the system that I can find. RL753LST12778 doesn't even come up in the system right now, nor does Ernie's RL771. I would guess that there are still chassis and arrangements that aren't added into the new system yet. I haven't had a chance to check up on any of the interior grooming arrangements at work, I'll try for that tomorrow.

pics of the Truck thats for sale.

Great pictures Trent! thanks for posting them! i really wish i was in a position to buy this one,as it would be a great starting point for my "project" and i do believe it is well worth the asking price,just a little too rich for my budget LOL! i agree,there are some neat things about the interior,but i also prefer the later plus 3 cab ( i'm not a little guy!) also neat to see the "fuzzbuster" still sitting on the dash,i have'nt seen one of those in years! looking at those pictures like you said,it looks like someone just parked it 20 years ago and walked away from it,a real "time capsule"..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I can remember an owner operator running an RS with a dump trailer with big CAT power in the early 80'S here in Masssachusetts. As years passed I knew he moved out of the area. I was able to locate him (CA.)and I gave him a call and the story is,

It is 1978, I wanted a big CAT 425 in a Mack frame, local dealer found one at a dealer in Bangor Maine? Flew my friend up to drive it back. 77 model RSL7** 1693ta, 13 speed, 44 camelback, spoke wheels, steel rails, all black. Had the cab painted burgundy and new fruehauf dump trailer. Ran it till 1989 sold trailer locally (I think it is still in service), put truck in storage for 5 years, about 7 miles from here (I didnt't know that), then sold it.

He's not certain but thinks the 2nd owner died while driving it and rolled it and thinks the truck is still around in MA., and I will follow that lead. He claims it was one of couple of trucks with the 425 in them, and has plenty of photos and stories. He said, we put 70k in the trailer and it would do 80mph , my brother had an RLS with the V8, it did a little better than mine, but we couldn't catch the V12's Brocks.

More to follow,

FW

Thanks for adding to the discussion. Any chance that he might have some pictures of the paint job when it was freshly done?

I would think he does.I know he brought that Shell calender picture to one of our meetings, a while back. He does have an extensive photo collection of work he has done.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Truck was very cool to see. Jim was very kind to let us truck nuts come see it. I had someone from the east coast Email me last week asking for pics so Rob and I killed 2 birds with one stone.

Truck looks good for its age. to me it looks like it was just parked after it was last used 15 years ago. Im not fond of the early R cabs but this truck had some neet options.The dash had some custom touches and the roof had some cool things to make it more liveable. Its a walk in KW sleeper. with its own Heat and AC in the bunk. Engine looked all there. These guys were outlaws! still has the radar detector on the dash! thought that was great!.

Jim told us some stories about running with Bob and how Bob was always showing off the power in his new truck. very cool to have met him and his truck tonight.

Its for sale so if intrested check his ebay add and give him a ring

Trent

Thanks for those pictures,Trent.Saw that truck at "Truck Week '76" at McCormick Place.Still have a spec sheet for it somewhere.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Truck was very cool to see. Jim was very kind to let us truck nuts come see it. I had someone from the east coast Email me last week asking for pics so Rob and I killed 2 birds with one stone.

Truck looks good for its age. to me it looks like it was just parked after it was last used 15 years ago. Im not fond of the early R cabs but this truck had some neet options.The dash had some custom touches and the roof had some cool things to make it more liveable. Its a walk in KW sleeper. with its own Heat and AC in the bunk. Engine looked all there. These guys were outlaws! still has the radar detector on the dash! thought that was great!.

Jim told us some stories about running with Bob and how Bob was always showing off the power in his new truck. very cool to have met him and his truck tonight.

Its for sale so if intrested check his ebay add and give him a ring

Trent

Trent,

Found a picture of Jim's RL on Hankstruckpictures.com.Might have still belonged to Bob Eckstein at the time.Has the 36" Kenworth bunk on it yet.Spector lettered on the door. Yet another piece of the puzzle! Al

post-510-0-02166800-1304996621_thumb.jpg

Edited by 57 bcr

thanks for that Al it sure looked good for her day. That is the small Sleeper and looks like the frame was a little shorter as well. Tanks were changed also as it now has larger ones. Jim did say that it had a PTO on it and it looks like that pic shows a wet tank? paint job is the same tho!

Trent,

Found a picture of Jim's RL on Hankstruckpictures.com.Might have still belonged to Bob Eckstein at the time.Has the 36" Kenworth bunk on it yet.Spector lettered on the door. Yet another piece of the puzzle! Al

Thanks for posting the picture! i always like to see these "when they were new"pictures,no doubt a good looking truck!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

dont know how true it is,,but i heard mack owned brockway since 1959,dont know how true that is..my uncle had a whole fleet of them back in maine..they were quite the rig,in thier time,,but ive been in the west coast for 30 years now,and ive only seen 2,both in L.A....bob

Thanks for posting the picture! i always like to see these "when they were new"pictures,no doubt a good looking truck!..................Mark

No problem,Mark.Thats the way I remembered the truck from the 70's. I e-mailed Mr. Johnson and he would be happy to talk to you about the many pictures,etc. he has of that project( Bob's Mack).I will get his number for you and e-mail it to you,O.K.?

Edited by 57 bcr

No problem,Mark.Thats the way I remembered the truck from the 70's. I e-mailed Mr. Johnson and he would be happy to talk to you about the many pictures,etc. he has of that project( Bob's Mack).I will get his number for you and e-mail it to you,O.K.?

HI AL. I'm working in the Rockford area most of the week. If you will get me the information to contact Mr. Johnson, I'll personally visit with him. I'd like to see his operation if only in photos myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I can remember an owner operator running an RS with a dump trailer with big CAT power in the early 80'S here in Masssachusetts. As years passed I knew he moved out of the area. I was able to locate him (CA.)and I gave him a call and the story is,

It is 1978, I wanted a big CAT 425 in a Mack frame, local dealer found one at a dealer in Bangor Maine? Flew my friend up to drive it back. 77 model RSL7** 1693ta, 13 speed, 44 camelback, spoke wheels, steel rails, all black. Had the cab painted burgundy and new fruehauf dump trailer. Ran it till 1989 sold trailer locally (I think it is still in service), put truck in storage for 5 years, about 7 miles from here (I didnt't know that), then sold it.

He's not certain but thinks the 2nd owner died while driving it and rolled it and thinks the truck is still around in MA., and I will follow that lead. He claims it was one of couple of trucks with the 425 in them, and has plenty of photos and stories. He said, we put 70k in the trailer and it would do 80mph , my brother had an RLS with the V8, it did a little better than mine, but we couldn't catch the V12's Brocks.

More to follow,

FW

With help and information from other local people, this is the story; In 2005 the 2nd owner suffered a heart attack while driving this truck and struck a huge tree head-on, sadly he was killed and the truck totaled. Little or nothing was salvaged and the truck scrapped. From the people I talked with knew this truck as the most powerful truck in the area at that time, and this owner was very proud of it.

Its numbers were RS755LST 34308, I will post photos when I get them.

Sadly,

FW

HI AL. I'm working in the Rockford area most of the week. If you will get me the information to contact Mr. Johnson, I'll personally visit with him. I'd like to see his operation if only in photos myself.

Rob

Rob,

He owns Johnson's Sign Shop in Freeport. I don't have his shop # on me. Al

With help and information from other local people, this is the story; In 2005 the 2nd owner suffered a heart attack while driving this truck and struck a huge tree head-on, sadly he was killed and the truck totaled. Little or nothing was salvaged and the truck scrapped. From the people I talked with knew this truck as the most powerful truck in the area at that time, and this owner was very proud of it.

Its numbers were RS755LST 34308, I will post photos when I get them.

Sadly,

FW

I'm going to search for the photos I have of the sister to my truck, (RL755LST35358) that was wrecked and totaled. They were in my basement when it flooded so hopefully they can be salvaged.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

He owns Johnson's Sign Shop in Freeport. I don't have his shop # on me. Al

I'll try to give him a call tomorrow to set up a meeting. Any chance you'll be around at some point in the general area?

Rob

I'll try to give him a call tomorrow to set up a meeting. Any chance you'll be around at some point in the general area?

Rob

Rob,

I live in Woodstock.I work untill 5:30 pm. My cell # is 815-482-6534. Best to call after 5:30 due to noisey John Deere 400 D (haul truck) cab! Al

It looks like most of these trucks were spec'd pretty much the same. RS755LST 34308 shows the P19 engine variation, FAW573 front axle, SWS571 rear suspension, RTO12513 transmission, 4.17 ratio 92/93 differentials, CAL49 cab. RS755LST 34308 had 22" spoke wheels front and back.