Special Day:

Rob

This morning at 2:58a.m. my son called announcing the arrival of baby "Brooklyn Renee" at 7lbs, 5oz at 20 inches into this world. She is our first grandchild.

"Momma" and I are very proud.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Congratulations Rob. Sounds like good reason for Moma to let you buy another truck. I've always looked forward to grandchildren, but at the rate our kids are moving, I'm going to have to rent some.

This morning at 2:58a.m. my son called announcing the arrival of baby "Brooklyn Renee" at 7lbs, 5oz at 20 inches into this world. She is our first grandchild.

"Momma" and I are very proud.

Rob

If I wasn't so tickled for you, I would probably be jealous.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. She really is a welcome addition we have waited some time for. As far as a nickname for her, well I'm thinking of a couple but undecided right now. I name all my trucks so the analogy will be acceptable. My kids have called me "Pops" for years, so I'm sure the name will carry.

"Momma" took off 1/2 day from work to drive to Chicago for a short visit. Her and her mother met along the hiway and rode up together. "Momma" just walked in the door. Short trip for her but she is happy.

Been a long day for me as I didn't go to bed last night anticipating the birth. I then went to work in preparation for the government shutdown that may take place. I am considered a "critical" employee so not affected but many of my cohorts are not and were given notices of furlough this afternoon. They will be recinded should an agreement be reached in the political circles.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Congrats Rob. Now is the the time to spoil the livin shit outta them and send 'em home! You and the baby can sit next to each other and drool, fart, cry, shat yourselves, and giggle about it.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Congrats Rob. How's that saying go..."grandkids are the reward for not killing your kids when they were younger..." Somethin like that anyway...

Thanks man. My boy was much better than I and really presented little trouble. Daughter on the other hand........

Rob