• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ernie,just looked at all the pictures,truck looks great!i'm jealous now! always wanted a "western" R-model,maybe someday right? anyway,if you are running out of room,be glad to take the brockway off your hands! LOL!......any thought of changing the R-700 back to the original single headlights? looks kind of odd to me with 4 ya'know?....all in all a great truck,glad to see it go to a good home!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Ernie,just looked at all the pictures,truck looks great!i'm jealous now! always wanted a "western" R-model,maybe someday right? anyway,if you are running out of room,be glad to take the brockway off your hands! LOL!......any thought of changing the R-700 back to the original single headlights? looks kind of odd to me with 4 ya'know?....all in all a great truck,glad to see it go to a good home!..........Mark

Mark'

How about that! I looked at those headlights yesterday an said the same thing, but someone must have cut a duel light pocket from a superliner an fiberglassed it into the hood cause it looks like a factory job! The inside needs some TLC one door needs (alum.) welding an the dash needs some work, nothing major though. I would have liked the Plus 3 newer style cab but I like the old style steel dash. I plan to start on this tractor right away so I can use it myself when I drive as the season gets going(I hope It gets going soon). The motor runs I just have to pull the Inj.s out (there froze) an start her up an see whats up but I'll prob. just pull er out an have my 2 cycle guru go through the whole thing.

Ernie

Ernie Looks good. The 12 Banger should be a hit. Even though the new trucks have more power they cannot replace class. Joe D.

An the new trucks also don't make enough noise!! I'll bet it's gonna look good pullin a cement tanker, I don't know why but the older tractors look better pullin the tankers.... Ernie D.

I spoke to the guy I bought the R700 from tonight, he said he has the other RL700L with the E9V8 that he wants to sell, that truck also had the V12 71 but he repowered it with the V8. That truck also is one year newer then mine an has the newer cab,an also has a roll back body on it,the truck is posted on Mack classified

Ernie D.

I spoke to the guy I bought the R700 from tonight, he said he has the other RL700L with the E9V8 that he wants to sell, that truck also had the V12 71 but he repowered it with the V8. That truck also is one year newer then mine an has the newer cab,an also has a roll back body on it,the truck is posted on Mack classified

Ernie D.

hey ernie, i,am glad to see it made it to its new home.cant wait to see it some day.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

hey ernie, i,am glad to see it made it to its new home.cant wait to see it some day.

gg2

Hi, looks like a neat truck good luck with it. the headlights are factory with twins down here. not sure what year they started doing that here.

http://www.constructionsales.com.au/buy/details.aspx?R=9672434&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=p_StockRankSort_Int32|1||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0||p_Year_Int32|1||p_StockPrice_Decimal|1&__N=1552%201715%201711%201600%201602%201601%204294958828%204294957142&silo=1701&seot=1&__Nne=15&__No=60&trecs=1137&__sid=12EC6EC32C6F

Grant

Hey Ernie,forgot to ask and cant remember the for sale ad,what trans.is behind the V-12? i read most of them were 13 speeds..........Mark

RTO125-13 I would like to find a nice 15 over to put in it's place. I always liked the 15 speed trans. Colonial had them beheind the 318's, they put the deep reduction button on the shift knob using a 13 speed selector that made it E/Z to shift progressive

Ernie PS Thanks for all the GOOD LUCKS guys!!!!

Trucks looking good. If you have time When you get it home can you pop that hood and get us pics of the engine and how they got it in that frame. I find it intresting how they set up the cowl and extension panels The duel head lamps look like they came from a A model KW or that aftermarket clarbian (Spelling?)hood MFG. they look diffrent for sure. not sure if I like it or not?... Glad shes home safe and sound...!

Trent

"Bulldog man,"

That be a 12V-71......Ernie

I think he was deliriously thinking of a Cummins powered Peterbilt with that question.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think he was deliriously thinking of a Cummins powered Peterbilt with that question.

Rob

Rob,

If he was at the same bar that I was at yesterday afternoon I could understand the Question, as a matter of fact I went back to the picture an counted the holes in exhaust mani.last night just to make sure!! LOL!!! It's all in good fun!!!

Ernie

Ernie,

Congrats on getting this truck.Glad to see it made the trip home OK.I tried to talk a friend of mine into buying it,but he drug his feet a little too long.I love the looks of it,the paint scheme and dual headlights and air cleaners really set it off.Find a nice Mercury sleeper for it and a 2 stick 4x4 trans and it would be really sweet.

Ernie,

Congrats on getting this truck.Glad to see it made the trip home OK.I tried to talk a friend of mine into buying it,but he drug his feet a little too long.I love the looks of it,the paint scheme and dual headlights and air cleaners really set it off.Find a nice Mercury sleeper for it and a 2 stick 4x4 trans and it would be really sweet.

Now that would be A class act wouldn't it!!!!

Ernie DS

• 2 months later...

sorry ernie,,,just opened this now,,,thats a beautiful rig,,wow..i like it,especially the long hood,,,duel headlights,and detroit,,,love that sound,,,if im not mistaken saw movie,years ago with chris christofosen,spell check,lol.was driving one just like it...dont remember the name of movie,,generaly i prefer spokes,and steel tanks,,,but i do like that one...anxious to see what tricks you do on it...very nice..bob

forgot to mention,,,i met a guy,here in reno at a truck show,that had just bought a truck like that.. got it from MGM studio,s was just passing thru,heard about the show,and decited to stop in,,,he was pretty friendly ,,forgot his name,,but the truck was in good shape in and out,he was asking if id ever seen that type,,with the hole in the nose.for radiater..i told him no,,i had not,,but the coolest thing id ever seen was the horn cap.of coarse it was in very good condition,an steel type,but it said MGM studio,s right on it...too cool.think the truck was brown,and tan...bob

• 2 months later...

I brought the 700 into the shop today, I have my friend Steve tearin into the 12-71!! Well so far It aint lookin to bad!! It seems that the two heads have been re-done an have not even seen oil yet, Steve pulled the pan down an It looks like they changed 3 liners an pistons (just as the pref. owner had stated) also the inside of the bottom end is super clean an the bearnings show very little wear if any!! also we are thinkin that this motor was twin turbo charged?? The motor has duel pyro's an has 80mm injectors! Well I hope to have the garage shake rattle an rollin by the end of the week!!!

Ernie DS PS hope to have a video an pic's when I get her started an runnin so turn the volume up an hold on to your computers!!! ..

Great news Ernie! I'll be glad to see you make some positive progress after the round of setbacks you've experienced.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.