Gas Prices

other dog

Ya, getting that way AGAIN! Cheap stuff is 3.39 around here, was 3.19 last monday when I filled up. Don't even want to know how diesel is going, though I know it was about 3.69 a few weeks ago.

I saw diesel for $3.99 in PA this week, I am sure it is higher in New York and New England. Thank goodness for fuel surcharge, but I am not sure how much our economy can withstand.

A rather humorous side note: One of my colleagues recently purchased a 2012 KW W900L and is rather disappointed so far with the cost of operation for this beast. (Go figure!!!) Last week this fellow told me he would be asking our company for a DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) surcharge! I replied, "good luck with that, let me know how that goes for you." In this day and age we are lucky to get the fuel surcharge.

I saw diesel for $3.99 in PA this week, I am sure it is higher in New York and New England. Thank goodness for fuel surcharge, but I am not sure how much our economy can withstand.

A rather humorous side note: One of my colleagues recently purchased a 2012 KW W900L and is rather disappointed so far with the cost of operation for this beast. (Go figure!!!) Last week this fellow told me he would be asking our company for a DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) surcharge! I replied, "good luck with that, let me know how that goes for you." In this day and age we are lucky to get the fuel surcharge.

Why not? In the winter months due to excessive use, I bill for a windshield washer surcharge. Cover all yer bases.

kidding.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I was listening to the radio the other day and they are predicting gasoline to hit $5 by memorial day. This is all because of the rebellions/revolutions in Egypt and Libya. Both countries are oil producers.

I really wish we would kick the habit of buying oil from those shit holes.

We have plenty of coal and we can produce both gasoline and diesel fuel from coal. The Germans did it during WW2.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I was listening to the radio the other day and they are predicting gasoline to hit $5 by memorial day. This is all because of the rebellions/revolutions in Egypt and Libya. Both countries are oil producers.

I really wish we would kick the habit of buying oil from those shit holes.

We have plenty of coal and we can produce both gasoline and diesel fuel from coal. The Germans did it during WW2.

The same tree huggers that forced all the EPA crap on the trucks won't let us burn coal or drill for our own oil. Meanwhile their electric cars and ethanol create more pollution than my diesel truck.

went up 3 times in one day here the other day in good old new york state at a local Stewarts shop. gotta love how they raise the price on the gas in the tank twice after they get it. was 3.36 on my way to work, 3.40 at noon and 3.47 later that nite.

They have to be able to afford to pay for their next shipment...so when they see the price they will have to pay is going up, they will raise the price that you will pay them. If they couldn't raise their prices in anticipation of their next shipment, several things would happen:

1) Gas stations would be more likely to run out of gas, since they would be more inclined to try to "wait it out" for as long as they could when their cost spiked following an incident affecting supply (i.e. hurricane, middle east regime change, etc...) hoping that prices would come back down before they ordered their next shipment.

2) Gas stations which received a shipment today would have the competitive advantage over stations which received their shipment tomorrow at the slightly higher supplier's price....until they received their next shipment at an even higher price. Each shipment would see an even greater spike in pump prices because rather than seeing the daily anticipated cost fluctuations, you would see the actual cost fluctuations with each shipment.

3) Once the temporary disruption in the supply chain had been rectified, gas stations wouldn't be able to lower their price to remain competitive when their anticipated cost per gallon receded after the spike. The first station to receive cheaper fuel (and therefore could begin lowering their prices) would sell their cheaper fuel faster, enabling them to order their next shipment of even cheaper fuel from the supplier and lower their prices even more....meanwhile, the guy across the street is stuck with a tank full of fuel nobody is buying because he can't afford to sell it for a competitive price.

By pre-selling the expensive fuel when they increase the pump prices in anticipation of their cost from the supplier increasing, they can pre-sell the cheaper fuel when the price is on its way back down in order to remain competitive on their pump price without losing money and going out of business.

At least that's my understanding of it....but I could be wrong. I've never owned/operated/or even worked at a gas station...just spent a lot of money buying their product over the years.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The same tree huggers that forced all the EPA crap on the trucks won't let us burn coal or drill for our own oil. Meanwhile their electric cars and ethanol create more pollution than my diesel truck.

Awww....come on now. That 8 hour charge to go 40 miles in an electric car doesn't emit any emissions from the tailpipe. Never mind the carbon footprint left at the power plant from the coal burned in order to generate the electricity required to charge that car for 8 hours....or the carbon footprint created during the extraction and transportation of the coal from the mine to the power plant...or in the manufacture, installation, and maintenance of the transmission lines which get that electricity to the outlet the car is plugged into....

My 10 mpg F250 leaves a smaller carbon footprint than one of these new "green" electric cars.

...and ethanol is another friggin joke. During the manufacturing process for corn ethanol, it takes nearly as much energy to produce a gallon of ethanol as you get from burning a gallon of ethanol. If I remember correctly, it's somewhere around a 1.25:1 ratio.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Awww....come on now. That 8 hour charge to go 40 miles in an electric car doesn't emit any emissions from the tailpipe. Never mind the carbon footprint left at the power plant from the coal burned in order to generate the electricity required to charge that car for 8 hours....or the carbon footprint created during the extraction and transportation of the coal from the mine to the power plant...or in the manufacture, installation, and maintenance of the transmission lines which get that electricity to the outlet the car is plugged into....

My 10 mpg F250 leaves a smaller carbon footprint than one of these new "green" electric cars.

...and ethanol is another friggin joke. During the manufacturing process for corn ethanol, it takes nearly as much energy to produce a gallon of ethanol as you get from burning a gallon of ethanol. If I remember correctly, it's somewhere around a 1.25:1 ratio.

Yup all bull shit. We have tons of coal here. Build coal to fuel plants right next to or close to the mines so we don't have to haul coal all over the place. Best part is the process only needs carbon monoxide and hydrogen gas as a feed stock so we could get CO from other sources such as biomass. Only problem is it needs hydrogen as a source of fuel which is extracted from methane via steam reforming. In fact steam reforming creates hydrogen and carbon monoxide so we could directly convert methane to liquid fuels. The plants are costly to operate but if things get bad they could become more attractive.

But there are still tons of other chemicals we derive from crude oil as well. Asphalt to pave roads, heavy fuel oil for ships, plastics and lots more. Going to be hard to kick the crude habit but we can cut back on its use for fuels.

And don't get me started on ethanol.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

But there are still tons of other chemicals we derive from crude oil as well. Asphalt to pave roads,

Somewhere locked away is the recipe for the perfect long lasting asphalt road. Doubt it'll ever see the light of day though. Roads last 10 years at best, so that keeps people working from the DOT maintainers down to the asphalt companies. But if they wanted to do something good, use concrete. In my small area alone, there are 3 cement plants...2 of which are shuttered and 1 in full operation. Made with American materials in America. Ethanol is not much more than a stopgap feel good thing. Something to bridge the gap, of which doesn't exist.

I have heard on talk radio shows that there is enough oil in the U.S. to last for 100 years at the present rate of consumption, also that with today's technology they could get as much oil out of wells that have been closed for years as they got out of them before they were closed.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

about 5 years ago there was a Report on what car had the least carbon footprint. It was a Jeep product. they took into account for the people that built it, part sources, mfg plant, transportation of parts, spare parts etc.... the worst carbon footprint went to a electric car because of all its Hi tec gadgets,all the odd parts coming from around the world, and the batterys that were junked every 5 years.

But hey at least you will feel like you saved a tree driving one. :clap:

Egypt doesn't export any oil. They consume everything they produce. Libya on the other hand exports about two and a half percent of the worlds production. About forty percent of the worlds oil passes through canals that border some of these countries with increasing unrest.

The last time this happened, the press blamed Bush for high fuel prices and making his rich buddies even richer. Who are the blaming now?

Don't look for any production or exploration increases as long as the current administration is in place. The only good that can come from this mess is if we can endure nine percent unemployment and four dollar per gallon fuel for another year, there is no way even the stupidest people in this country will elect that SOB for one more term.

Egypt doesn't export any oil. They consume everything they produce. Libya on the other hand exports about two and a half percent of the worlds production. About forty percent of the worlds oil passes through canals that border some of these countries with increasing unrest.

The last time this happened, the press blamed Bush for high fuel prices and making his rich buddies even richer. Who are the blaming now?

Don't look for any production or exploration increases as long as the current administration is in place. The only good that can come from this mess is if we can endure nine percent unemployment and four dollar per gallon fuel for another year, ( there is no way even the stupidest people in this country will elect that SOB for one more term.}

I didnt think there could that many stupid people the first time.

I didnt think there could that many stupid people the first time.

It may sound racist and I don't mean it to be but a black man running for president brought out a large amount of black voters with no agenda other than to put a black man into the office.

Like it or not, the facts support this.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It may sound racist and I don't mean it to be but a black man running for president brought out a large amount of black voters with no agenda other than to put a black man into the office.

Rob

Also brought out a lot of others that thought his election would right a lot of wrongs from the past.

Rob

Couple that with the fact that pretty much no matter who, a democrat was going to win that election anyway. I have a feeling (I hope) that the dems are going to go the way of the legal latino U.S. citizen next time around, into the minority.

Talked about this today with one of my drivers; I vote for for the Demcrats because there for the underdog! HELLO....!!! 2 years later???? are you any better today!!!???? So I told him this,... You just keep votein for the Dem.'s caus as long as they can keep you an under dog? they got your vote!! no?

Ernie with an E

The current adminstration and it's political affiliations remind me of someone taking a consolidation loan to ease their finacial overburden without curtailing, and increasing their spending habits.

Apparently the thought of "multi trillion" dollar debt is of no consequence to be reckoned with in the future.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Talked about this today with one of my drivers; I vote for for the Demcrats because there for the underdog! HELLO....!!! 2 years later???? are you any better today!!!???? So I told him this,... You just keep votein for the Dem.'s caus as long as they can keep you an under dog? they got your vote!! no?

Ernie with an E

I take offense to that! Don't drag me into this. BTW once an UNDERDOG always an UNDERDOG I don't need any politician's help to stay this way.

Gregg

Ernie with an E

I wish some of these employers would walk out into their parking lot and make a note of who has who's bumper stickers on their cars. You voted for Obama? Obama wants to increase my cost of operation? You are fired. Until you figure out that what is good for me (the employer) is good for you (the employee) because without me (the employer) you have no job, you won't have a job here.

Bottom line, if your boss ain't making money as a direct result of the work you do, you won't have a job for very long.

Carrier I'm leased to JUST opened a terminal in my neck of the woods...built it from the ground up...easily the NICEST shop in the company (complete with a pit for the under-truck work needing to be done). Then Pat Quinn won the election and raised personal & corporate income taxes. Now there is talk (rumors, anyway) of the new terminal closing.

Actions have consequences...and so do votes. Unfortunately, people don't take their vote seriously enough...or they vote for all of the wrong reasons...and we end up with a bunch of knuckleheads in office trying to buy the votes of the ignorant masses (or as Neal Boortz refers to 'em "dumb masses" instead of abiding by the State & US Constitutions from which their power is granted to them.

I wish some of these employers would walk out into their parking lot and make a note of who has who's bumper stickers on their cars. You voted for Obama? Obama wants to increase my cost of operation? You are fired. Until you figure out that what is good for me (the employer) is good for you (the employee) because without me (the employer) you have no job, you won't have a job here.

Bottom line, if your boss ain't making money as a direct result of the work you do, you won't have a job for very long.

Carrier I'm leased to JUST opened a terminal in my neck of the woods...built it from the ground up...easily the NICEST shop in the company (complete with a pit for the under-truck work needing to be done). Then Pat Quinn won the election and raised personal & corporate income taxes. Now there is talk (rumors, anyway) of the new terminal closing.

Actions have consequences...and so do votes. Unfortunately, people don't take their vote seriously enough...or they vote for all of the wrong reasons...and we end up with a bunch of knuckleheads in office trying to buy the votes of the ignorant masses (or as Neal Boortz refers to 'em "dumb masses" instead of abiding by the State & US Constitutions from which their power is granted to them.

There were 2 (two) counties in IL that voted for Dr. Quinn medicine woman...one was Cook, the other was down your way. I hope it wasn't yours.