So Far...so Good!

bobo

post-2423-0-08699600-1294389855_thumb.jppost-2423-0-19360100-1294390001_thumb.jppost-2423-0-18389400-1294390057_thumb.jppost-2423-0-93002700-1294390070_thumb.jppost-2423-0-65071300-1294390144_thumb.jppost-2423-0-89222700-1294390180_thumb.jppost-2423-0-23833800-1294390251_thumb.jp

Check out my gallery for more! b0Bo

Looks really good going so far!! You seem to be willing to do the job right which always grabs my interest in a project.

Seems like I've been there once or twice myself........

How'd the frame repair go? Never heard anything other than you were going to split the outer to eliminate the rust spread. I'm assuming you got it welded back together alright?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks really good going so far!! You seem to be willing to do the job right which always grabs my interest in a project.

Seems like I've been there once or twice myself........

How'd the frame repair go? Never heard anything other than you were going to split the outer to eliminate the rust spread. I'm assuming you got it welded back together alright?

Rob

Thanks Rob It gets frustrating at times, but its worth the effort!

The frame turned out great, I cut it inline with the x-member, that way i took advantage of the x-member bolts to help alg. and stiffner it up. I used por15 on the mating frame rails and apox. on the outer surfraces.

I am painting the cab sat morn @ 6am, think you can be here by then? I buy you breakfast!! mmm..Canadian back bacon eh! Bob0

I really wouldn't mind spraying the truck for you but it certainly appears you are doing a fine job with your own talent/ability. A long way to drive but that Canadian Back Bacon sure sounds good. I'm afraid if I didn't haul at least a ton back with me, "Momma" may really put the hurts to me.

Is that V8 engine original to the truck? I thought an RW713 would have an inline Mack engine?

Keep it up as it's progress certainly looks good!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks great! i too am a big fan of seeing a job done properly! sure gotta' admire someone going with black paint! bodywork/prep must be just right,as i have always found black the most un-forgiving,one little ripple and you can see it a mile away (or kilometer LOL!) what brand paint/supplies are you using? i have always had good luck with dupont products,just a personal preference i guess. Best of luck,hope it turns out as well as it looks,be sure to keep us posted with further progress!.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I really wouldn't mind spraying the truck for you but it certainly appears you are doing a fine job with your own talent/ability. A long way to drive but that Canadian Back Bacon sure sounds good. I'm afraid if I didn't haul at least a ton back with me, "Momma" may really put the hurts to me.

Is that V8 engine original to the truck? I thought an RW713 would have an inline Mack engine?

Keep it up as it's progress certainly looks good!!

Rob

Rob the rw713 could have any1 of the 3 mack power... E6,E7 and E9. The v8 is original. Im glad Im almost done Im sick of sanding!! bob0

Looks great! i too am a big fan of seeing a job done properly! sure gotta' admire someone going with black paint! bodywork/prep must be just right,as i have always found black the most un-forgiving,one little ripple and you can see it a mile away (or kilometer LOL!) what brand paint/supplies are you using? i have always had good luck with dupont products,just a personal preference i guess. Best of luck,hope it turns out as well as it looks,be sure to keep us posted with further progress!.....................Mark

Im using Pro-spray, base/clear. Not to fussy about the primer, but base is nice to use. b0Bo

Im using Pro-spray, base/clear. Not to fussy about the primer, but base is nice to use. b0Bo

I'm not familiar with that brand of material. Is it a knock off of some other major producer of automotive refinish product? Or is it like "Transtar" products?

Rob

My '86 Ranger was painted with a few rattle cans... :thumb:

I painted a '71 Ford pickup in my driveway with a brush and implement paint-same way I painted the mixer drum. I put 2 coats on it and it didn't look bad, but if i'd put a 3rd. coat on it it would have looked really good. I just used it to haul firewood, and trash to the dump anyway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm not familiar with that brand of material. Is it a knock off of some other major producer of automotive refinish product? Or is it like "Transtar" products?

Rob

My local body supplier carries it. Its made in England, they got bought out by US Chemical & plastics. Its a great paint for the price! why pay for a name?! now that the cabs done the fun begins!

post-2423-0-48209100-1294713910_thumb.jp

My local body supplier carries it. Its made in England, they got bought out by US Chemical & plastics. Its a great paint for the price! why pay for a name?! now that the cabs done the fun begins!

post-2423-0-48209100-1294713910_thumb.jp

I've used a lot of products by US Chemical over the years but mostly fiberglass repair items and their private branded masking paper. Never been dissapointed with their quality. I've found their stuff much better for the price than Evercoat which also are good products.

What kind of spray guns do you guys prefer up there? Sata is very popular here but I like my "off brand" Transtar branded guns. Just as good in quality and about 1/2 the cost.

The cab looks great, as does the rest of your progress.

Rob

looking good Bobo. My cab was looking like that early this year after I Removed and Replaced the stock rotting out roof.Rob was a great help with all my bodywork questions so he deserves credit for the help!

I know what you are going thru. every time you remove this, you might as well remove that. next thing you know the whole truck is stripped. I am curently working on a RW713 with a E9450. Former boss ownes it and I always wanted to restore it. I like working on the long hood macks. just something about them....keep the pics coming!

I've used a lot of products by US Chemical over the years but mostly fiberglass repair items and their private branded masking paper. Never been dissapointed with their quality. I've found their stuff much better for the price than Evercoat which also are good products.

What kind of spray guns do you guys prefer up there? Sata is very popular here but I like my "off brand" Transtar branded guns. Just as good in quality and about 1/2 the cost.

The cab looks great, as does the rest of your progress.

Rob

hey most painters I know use sata or deVilbiss, we used deVl. gti620.

I ordered new black carpet for the RW today, but could only get the front piece in carpet? computer says thats the only way black came? but my blue carpet(old) was both front and back?! price was not bad 248$ they have a few sets sittng in the T.O. warehouse. bobo

I just put new carpet, dynamat, and a damper pad in my RS. you will laugh but I used a rubber backed doorway mat. just cut it to size and it looked stock. I traced it out of the old rubber mat so everthing lined up. Cost me about $60. I think it was a 5'x 5' mat. the RW im working on has carpet as well what I found odd was it had this 1/2 pad under it that was glued to the floor. think it was for vibration and sound control.

I just put new carpet, dynamat, and a damper pad in my RS. you will laugh but I used a rubber backed doorway mat. just cut it to size and it looked stock. I traced it out of the old rubber mat so everthing lined up. Cost me about $60. I think it was a 5'x 5' mat. the RW im working on has carpet as well what I found odd was it had this 1/2 pad under it that was glued to the floor. think it was for vibration and sound control.

I like the dynamat product, but too expensive! I use a roofing material called "ice and water" get it at lowes or homodepot. Its easier to work with and Ive done 3 R cabs on 1 roll(78$) jB0bo

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Came out excellent! Like the way the body color tanks look too. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE