I Think I've Been Ripped Off!

Reasoning that you got the largest chunk of money for your sale and could write the balance off as a loss, I would make him aware that you are going to keep the folks in the truck clubs advised of the transaction so any others don't deal with him. Of course it is only fair to give a timeframe to work with, and then post the name first, make him aware that you have, and post their contact telephone number at a later date. This happens only if the balance is not paid within a reasonable time frame. "Good deals", or access to parts get scarce when somebody is into screwing over those that try to help. I don't think many on this board would enjoy getting ripped off trying to help someone out. An example is Good Ole Sarge. I seriously doubt anybody would sell, or deal with him that is involved in the truck boards; But he is too ignorant to realize it. If you handle it right, this guy will be in the same boat.

Remember: One lies in the bed they make.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know what you are going thru.Quite awhile back I sold an old Chevy truck to a kid about 30 miles away.He gave me a small down payment and said he would pay me the balance when I delivered it.He didn't have a way to haul it and I agreed to deliver it for a fee.I showed up,nobody around,he finally called me after I sat there for almoost an hour and said he had to take his girlfriend to hospital.Said he'd bring money later in the week,so dumbass me unloaded it.Last I heard from him.Tried several attempts to call,stopped by a couple times when I was in the area.About a month went by so I decided to go get the truck and it was gone.

Learned my lesson,right?Nope.

Sold a IH COE to another guy 6 months ago,same deal,wanted it delivered.Said I'd deliver it when I got paid in full,didn't have his checkbook with him of course.Day later he called me in the truck,said he really needed some parts of it and did I care if he came back and took them off here.I said fine,leave a check with my wife,take what you need off the truck and I'll bring truck that weekend.I get home,parts gone,no check and he won't answer his phone.

Only thing I can say was neither of these people were old truck guys.

mummn i would be tracking this guys butt down some how ....i feel for ya ..i've been dumb before..my self and had people takeadvantage of th esituation..not much any more..i have a lay away dela going on now but the kid has been paying me and i know where he lives and i had him sign a written agreement..etc..where in ohio i have abuddy in the cleveland area...if you need ahand let me know..as a police officer , I would try smallclaims, or file a report as larceny..you got to talk to apolice aganecy and give them the details..as it may not count yet..also theft of services ..if they fail to pay for the tow etc..

just athought.

later

deo

Keep on keeping on...

you guys should start trading instead of selling, I have personaly taded with Packer and rob and got alot more in return than any money could buy...

Fred

I also appreciate the kind words Fred; I'm still on the "IOU" side of things though!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think we've all been stung by someone sooner or later. I've learned that it's cold hard cash up front (or cheque cleared) before you let the items out of your possession. :P

Just remember that the good guys, like you and me, would never think of asking for an item until we had paid for it in full. :thumb:

Ah, remember when handshakes meant a mans honour!

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Guys, remember one thing: the earth is round, what goes around comes around. Been in business 23 years and rarely have been screwed but when I have been, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes cause it's gonna come around. And boy is HotRod right, we wouldn't think of taking possession until we paid. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Here's one for ya, guy wants to buy my B81 which I was selling for 3500.00. He sends me a check for 6000.00, tell's me he's shipping it to London and the ship is waiting for the truck, could I please(he was very polite) send the 2500.00 to the shipper asap by Western Union. I said, sure thing, as soon as the check clears my bank. He sends me another e-mail and tells me the ship can't wait that long(a week is what the bank told me), could I just send 1500.00, again by Western Union and we could square up at a later date. Of course I said no, and lo and behold the check bounced(surprise, surprise). Anyway it cost me 10.00(bounced check fee) to learn a good lesson. But it didn't end there, two weeks later another guy sends me an e-mail trying to pull the same scam. The common thread between the two scams was that the e-mails had gone through a series of relays, so there was no way to track them down, and both wanted the money sent through Western Union. A good rule of thumb is when it comes to business and money, don't trust anyone but yourself, and always remember, no good deed goes unpunished. God Bless, Tombstone.

Here's one for ya, guy wants to buy my B81 which I was selling for 3500.00. He sends me a check for 6000.00, tell's me he's shipping it to London and the ship is waiting for the truck, could I please(he was very polite) send the 2500.00 to the shipper asap by Western Union. I said, sure thing, as soon as the check clears my bank. He sends me another e-mail and tells me the ship can't wait that long(a week is what the bank told me), could I just send 1500.00, again by Western Union and we could square up at a later date. Of course I said no, and lo and behold the check bounced(surprise, surprise). Anyway it cost me 10.00(bounced check fee) to learn a good lesson. But it didn't end there, two weeks later another guy sends me an e-mail trying to pull the same scam. The common thread between the two scams was that the e-mails had gone through a series of relays, so there was no way to track them down, and both wanted the money sent through Western Union. A good rule of thumb is when it comes to business and money, don't trust anyone but yourself, and always remember, no good deed goes unpunished. God Bless, Tombstone.

Found this great story online a while back, thought you guys might want to have a look for a laugh. This goes to show you what goes around comes around, the scammer gets scammed. Bit of a read but well worth it.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Whew...it ain't me!! LOL!!

Bummer about this one. I've had lots of good dealings with most people I've met thru the internet. Had guys send me stuff, tell me if that's what I need to send them some money.

There is always a bad apple somewhere. Hope things work out in the end.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"