Daughter Has Her Car Back:

Rob

Well after all the effort expended by my daughter, the car is finally back in her possession; Here's a few progress photos:

All I did was pull the frame, and spray the color(s). She did everything else. Good enough work I'd put my name on it.

Pretty handy girl to have around.

I surprised her by having her horses' name put on the sail panels and that action "got the trap to flap".

No particular order to the photos. They seem to post as they wish but I uploaded in order.

Rob

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thank GOD she wasn't hurt and you guys had some father daughter time together. I lost my dad back in 2000 a sure do miss helping him out in the shop working on his old tractors and his Ford model T pickup. Those are some of my best memories. She will say the same about you Rob if she isn't already.... my guess is that she already is.

MATT

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Thank GOD she wasn't hurt and you guys had some father daughter time together. I lost my dad back in 2000 a sure do miss helping him out in the shop working on his old tractors and his Ford model T pickup. Those are some of my best memories. She will say the same about you Rob if she isn't already.... my guess is that she already is.

MATT

Thanks Matt. I've got a lot to be proud of in that one.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,......................Would like to meet her sometime. I've always needed to meet someone that could help me restore a vehicle. I only have the Mack B right now........ ask her if she likes Harley Davidson FXSTS, it's slamed to the ground and it's red.

Let me know ASAP!!!!!!!

mike

Rob,......................Would like to meet her sometime. I've always needed to meet someone that could help me restore a vehicle. I only have the Mack B right now........ ask her if she likes Harley Davidson FXSTS, it's slamed to the ground and it's red.

Let me know ASAP!!!!!!!

mike

Pretty stubborn little one; Got a little bit of me in her. Already starting to pester me about her B model. We are trying to formulate a convertible/retractable top for it and still keep the proper ratio/proportion to the main body.

She like them crotch rockets best I can tell.

Rob

I didn't mention my Suzuki Hyabusa yet, thought I would save that for later. I hold the title for best time at The Dragon..... it's a road in North Carolina with 318 curves in 11 miles. Many people know me from that area and the group of 30 riders I ride with on weekends.......Tell her that I have many safety awards and I can come and see her in my Piper Arrow sometime if it's ok with her daddddddddd.......LOL

mike

You smooth talker....................Rap master Mike.

Rob, just get her a firetruck cab with no roof. Presto-chango convertible. Then get some alum. tubing, green tarp and duct tape, presto-chango a roof :P

I have a buddy that takes his Mini down to the Dragon every year. Sounds like a cool trip, though could wear your azz out too. Imagine running a B model LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You smooth talker....................Rap master Mike.

Rob, just get her a firetruck cab with no roof. Presto-chango convertible. Then get some alum. tubing, green tarp and duct tape, presto-chango a roof :P

I have a buddy that takes his Mini down to the Dragon every year. Sounds like a cool trip, though could wear your azz out too. Imagine running a B model LOL!!

sounds like he's hitting on Rob's daughter there, eh? Momma will be coming after him when she gets done with Rob.

Wouldn't wanna be in yer shoes there Mike! :D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think she is adopted :lol: , looks nothing like Rob!!! DNA test!! :banana: DNA test!!! :banana: DNA test!!!!!!!!!!! :tease:

She is very pretty, I don't know what Rob looks like. Don't think i've seen a "real" picture of him. Maybe she takes after her Momma.

Let me know ASAP!!!!!!!

mike

Momma says she'll trade you the daughter for the Harley.

Rob

Mike you do know that daddy's of daughters have DOUBLE BARRELED SHOTGUNS don't you?

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Rob

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Rob

I prefer a magazine fed weapon allows for a moment to cool down a bit, on belt fed weapons you have to change barrels and such.My favorite is the M-14. Same round as the venerable M-60 and very accurate. I'll let you borrow it if your daughter drags any scum home.

Matt

post-2321-1238982053_thumb.jpg

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't mention my Suzuki Hyabusa yet, thought I would save that for later. I hold the title for best time at The Dragon..... it's a road in North Carolina with 318 curves in 11 miles. Many people know me from that area and the group of 30 riders I ride with on weekends.......Tell her that I have many safety awards and I can come and see her in my Piper Arrow sometime if it's ok with her daddddddddd.......LOL

mike

I'd never heard of the dragon-just googled it and looked at the "tail of the dragon.com" site. Pretty neat stuff.Don't think i'll be attempting the trip in a big truck.

Also looked at it on google earth.

Tom,

Several of us on bikes have been to Abingdon, VA and spent the night at a B&B, it was a great ride with many good curves to lay down on. The Dragon is Great for first timers, but can be overwhelming at first. I like to eat trout at their resturant when I go. Most of the time you will meet up with several hundred riders on any saturday. Tom if you are up for some really big excitement, then this is the place to go.

Question, is Glady's close to Roanoke? I've been to Lexington and Roanoke several times.

mike

Tom,

Several of us on bikes have been to Abingdon, VA and spent the night at a B&B, it was a great ride with many good curves to lay down on. The Dragon is Great for first timers, but can be overwhelming at first. I like to eat trout at their resturant when I go. Most of the time you will meet up with several hundred riders on any saturday. Tom if you are up for some really big excitement, then this is the place to go.

Question, is Glady's close to Roanoke? I've been to Lexington and Roanoke several times.

mike

The website had lots of info, maps showing different elevations, curve names, and the locations of all the fatalities on it since 2000. Didn't say if cement mixers were allowed.

Gladys is about 50 miles from Roanoke. Downtown Gladys is on rt. 501 south of Lynchburg (well, there's a store and a post office there!) and between Rustburg and Brookneal. I actually live off of rt. 699 about halfway between Gladys and Altavista.

Tom,

I would like to see the Mixer on that road as long as i'm not on it. ...LOL...I would have the biggest laugh of my life if that was possible. COPS like the road very much. North Carolina bikers like it until they get caught without their helmet. They do not have to wear one. So they get a ticket in Tennessee for not wearing one.

Just wonder if ole Tom Jackson rode through Gladys, if it were a town back 146 years ago?

mike

Just wonder if ole Tom Jackson rode through Gladys, if it were a town back 146 years ago?

mike

couldn't say- I was just a boy then! :D

BTW, if you're around Abingdon and want a crooked road to ride your bike on you should head up 81 a little farther to Marion. Then take rt. 16-it'll either be 16 west or 16 north, most likely west though. Goes to Hungry Mother State Park. From the top of the mountain where all the towers are over to rt. 42 is undoubtedly the crookedest rode i've ever been on. I went across there in a big truck one time, going around the scales at Bland. Since I was going to Atkins to the Utility trailer factory, I looked at the map and decided i'd just take 42 south down to 16 and back to 81 instead of the usual "bypass the scales" route, highway 52. 42 was nice, but when I got on 16- what a mistake that was! Never again! You couldn't keep the trailer on your side of the road because there's a mountain on one side and a cliff on the other with a guardrail, then a 10,000 foot (my estimate) dropoff. It has a length restriction on it now anyway, I think it's no vehicles over 35', but it didn't then. It's certainly no road for a truck to be on. Worst part was when I was motoring down 42 I heard somebody say the scales were closed anyway!

Here's a google earth image of it, one looking north, one looking south. First picture is from directly overhead, second is tilted, looking from 42 towards Marion. Looks about as crooked after you cross rt. 42, but i've never been on that part of it.