Hello From Canton, Oh

farmer52

I have been a member for about a month so I thought I would introduce myself. I am originally from central PA (Blair County) and raised on a farm. I have an engineering degree and at one time worked for :mack1: in Hagerstown. I collect and restore farm tractors and keep them at my mother's farm in PA. I currently live near Canton, OH and have owned a 1962 H62 (early 1990s) and a 1988 MH612 (2003 timeframe). I sold them both but I still have the :mack1: bug. I recently bought a 100% :mack1: 1992 MH612 EM7-300 w/T2050 transmission that was purchased new and owned by Martin's Pastry in Chambersburg, PA. The selling dealer was A&B Garage (no longer a dealer). The 1988 came from the same fleet. Their trucks are clean and well maintained. I finally got the MH home last weekend. Now the fun begins, replacing the little things to make it just right. My list of things I want to do keeps growing. I have a lead on a 40' drop van (moving van) that I am trying to purchase to haul some of my tractors to shows. I am planning to attend the Watt's show in August. If anyone knows of truck shows within a few hours of Canton, please let me know. Here are some photos of my MH.

post-3289-1238460614_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1238460626_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1238460637_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1238460931_thumb.jpg

Edited by farmer52

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I have been a member for about a month so I thought I would introduce myself. I am originally from central PA (Blair County) and raised on a farm. I have an engineering degree and at one time worked for :mack1: in Hagerstown. I collect and restore farm tractors and keep them at my mother's farm in PA. I currently live near Canton, OH and have owned a 1962 H62 (early 1990s) and a 1988 MH612 (2003 timeframe). I sold them both but I still have the :mack1: bug. I recently bought a 100% :mack1: 1992 MH612 EM7-300 w/T2050 transmission that was purchased new and owned by Martin's Pastry in Chambersburg, PA. The 1988 came from the same fleet. Their trucks are clean and well maintained. I finally got the MH home last weekend. Now the fun begins, replacing the little things to make it just right. My list of things I want to do keeps growing. I have a lead on a 40' drop van (moving van) that I am trying to purchase to haul some of my tractors to shows. I am planning to attend the Watt's show in August. If anyone knows of truck shows within a few hours of Canton, please let me know. I will post some photos of my MH.

And a welcome to you; Glad to have you here. A lot of folks collect antique farm tractors around here and I have one or two a year to paint up nice in the shop. Lots of green, red, orange, and tan/red still around at our local homecomings, and sports parades. Always a good time to see restored tractors, and trucks being out and about.

Again, welcome to the site, enjoy yourself, and participate.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

New photos. Man that is short. Got to be like a buckboard on choppy roads. A trailer will tame it down some yes, but air at the rear will work wonders.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome aboard ,

that is a fine looking MH you have. Did you find all the parts for the light you were looking for? :WELCOME::SMOKIE-LFT:

Yes, I found the light and switch with help from Flag City Mack; Findlay, OH and have them on order.

Ken

Wheelbase is 138".

Damn that truck is short. Nice lookin unit though, perfect for what your wanting it for though.......good luck and welcome aboard

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Farmer,

It's OK to be called SHORTY....... I used to be called that also until the girls got to see me up close and personal. Well it changed their minds from then on. .........no more shorty......LOL

mike

yada, yada, yada.

Must be when the formal name change to "stubby" took place, ehh?

Rob

American Carrier Superride.

Here you go. The rear air suspension is listed near the bottom of the page.

http://trailer1.com/

Rob

Rob

I received an answer to my email note to AC. The list price is $1600 plus freight FOB CA and they sent me a list of dealers. There is one close to me. I am going to call them and get a price. But for $1600 I will probably just "bounce" along until I get a trailer.

Ken

Ken

Rob

I received an answer to my email note to AC. The list price is $1600 plus freight FOB CA and they sent me a list of dealers. There is one close to me. I am going to call them and get a price. But for $1600 I will probably just "bounce" along until I get a trailer.

Ken

Hi Ken, they have went up. I priced that setup for $1430.00FOB CA in January. I was looking to upgrade a Reyco four spring and this setup is only used on the rear axle. I'm going to hold out for a complete cut off and have evaluated a couple already with help from this board.

Rob

Hi Ken.

Welcome to the board. I'm in North Canton, so you're not far from me.

Good look'n Mack, though like mentioned before....it's a short wheelbase COE, so it's gunno be a choppy ride. My B model is only about 150", so I know how "rough" it can be. Hang'n up high over the front axle of a COE will really make it rough.

I've been wanting to swap mine over to air ride too, but so far all I've done is cut the spring down and with my race trailer it's livable. The g/f will actually fall asleep riding in it!!! Can't be all too bad LOL!

Their is a show in Outville on May 1st. Put on by the Buckeye Vintage hauler(southern ATHS group). I can't make it that weekend, but nice little show.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hi Ken.

Welcome to the board. I'm in North Canton, so you're not far from me.

Good look'n Mack, though like mentioned before....it's a short wheelbase COE, so it's gunno be a choppy ride. My B model is only about 150", so I know how "rough" it can be. Hang'n up high over the front axle of a COE will really make it rough.

I've been wanting to swap mine over to air ride too, but so far all I've done is cut the spring down and with my race trailer it's livable. The g/f will actually fall asleep riding in it!!! Can't be all too bad LOL!

Their is a show in Outville on May 1st. Put on by the Buckeye Vintage hauler(southern ATHS group). I can't make it that weekend, but nice little show.

Hi Larry! I actually live in Jackson Township and keep my truck at my friend's farm near Suffield. Thanks for the Outville show date. Do you know if the NE OH Chapter has a show? I see there is a Mack show in Lititz, PA in October. I may try to attend. I am going to install an air ride passenger seat and am having the mounting brackets fabricated.

Ken

No, the NEO chapter doesn't have any shows. I'm a member of both groups, though never get down to BVH meetings as they have them in the middle of the week and can't get to Columbus area then. The NEO has Sunday meeting, I go to them regularly. We are having get together at Lakeside Sand/gravel on April 26th. It's in Mantua area, Larry Kotkowski(owner) is a member, has big show each year with antique machinery moving dirt, our club with trucks, ALOT of food(free). Really neat day, I'll be taking the B model, Bill Peters from Orville likely taking his KW(not sure yet). If you want to go, let me know.

I'm familiar with Jackson township, I live up by Kames sporting goods, off Cleveland Ave. If you need welding/fab work done, let me know as I have a buddy works at a shop and does awesosme work. He lives in Jackon township.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

What now Larry? Did you forget about me? :D If I come to the get together on the 26th I'll probably drive the Monte cause I don't think Faith will be ready by then :( . Farmer, where in Suffield is your iron? I live in Marlboro and work in the Canton area but I'm all over the road in the ambulance :banana: . Maybe I can spot your truck someday. :WELCOME:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

What now Larry? Did you forget about me? :D If I come to the get together on the 26th I'll probably drive the Monte cause I don't think Faith will be ready by then :( . Farmer, where in Suffield is your iron? I live in Marlboro and work in the Canton area but I'm all over the road in the ambulance :banana: . Maybe I can spot your truck someday. :WELCOME:

Truck is sitting near Congress Lake Road and Swartz Road.

Larry - might be interested in attending April 26th (depending on weather and job). Need to get OH title and license before then. I was going to do it today but "honey do" list took priority. The 11th doesn't look much better (Easter weekend). You can email me directly at farmer52 at yahoo dot com.

Ken

Your truck is closer to me than Larry's. If you follow Pontius East and go past Duqette to the next street, Millrich, I'm on that street down on the right.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Hey Ken,

Glad to see another Ohio coe fan. Very clean looking dog you got there. I too, have a short wb cabover (K-100 w/ 142" wb). Mine has KW 4 bag air-ride, but still don't ride like a Caddy. I'm sure a trailer will smooth things out for you considerably.

There are several very good shows around the state.....

May 2 - BVH Chapter ATHS @ Outtville (like Larry mentioned)

May 16 - Cincy Chapter ATHS @ Jerry Howard's in Fairborn (gets bigger & better every year, one of my favorites)

Labor Day Weekend - Black Swamp Chapter ATHS @ Gibsonburg in conjunction w/ S.C.R.A.P. tractor show

Sept. 19 - Black Swamp Chapter ATHS @ Bowling Green in conjunction w/ the HCEA antique construction equipt. convention

Sept. 20 - Auburn Chapter ATHS @ Paulding (Black Swamp will host a truck crawl Sunday morning from Bowling Green to Paulding show

Sept. 19-20 - NEO Chapter ATHS @ Wellington in conjunction w/ Lagrange Engine Club Engine Show @ Lorain Co. Fairgrounds

Oct. 10-11 Black Swamp Chapter ATHS@ Fremont

Glad to see you found Flag City :mack1: . They are the only ones around (here at least) that seem to care about old trucks (regardless of make). They have a couple old-timers left in the service & parts dept. that know what they're talking about. I buy all of my non proprietary parts there. Have some service work done there as well. I'm fortunate enough it's only a couple miles from the house.

Hope to see you at one of the shows.

Chris Budke

Findlay, Ohio USA

President, Black Swamp Chapter ATHS

Chris

Findlay, Ohio USA

Hey Ken,

Glad to see another Ohio coe fan. Very clean looking dog you got there. I too, have a short wb cabover (K-100 w/ 142" wb). Mine has KW 4 bag air-ride, but still don't ride like a Caddy. I'm sure a trailer will smooth things out for you considerably.

There are several very good shows around the state.....

May 2 - BVH Chapter ATHS @ Outtville (like Larry mentioned)

May 16 - Cincy Chapter ATHS @ Jerry Howard's in Fairborn (gets bigger & better every year, one of my favorites)

Labor Day Weekend - Black Swamp Chapter ATHS @ Gibsonburg in conjunction w/ S.C.R.A.P. tractor show

Sept. 19 - Black Swamp Chapter ATHS @ Bowling Green in conjunction w/ the HCEA antique construction equipt. convention

Sept. 20 - Auburn Chapter ATHS @ Paulding (Black Swamp will host a truck crawl Sunday morning from Bowling Green to Paulding show

Sept. 19-20 - NEO Chapter ATHS @ Wellington in conjunction w/ Lagrange Engine Club Engine Show @ Lorain Co. Fairgrounds

Oct. 10-11 Black Swamp Chapter ATHS@ Fremont

Glad to see you found Flag City :mack1: . They are the only ones around (here at least) that seem to care about old trucks (regardless of make). They have a couple old-timers left in the service & parts dept. that know what they're talking about. I buy all of my non proprietary parts there. Have some service work done there as well. I'm fortunate enough it's only a couple miles from the house.

Hope to see you at one of the shows.

Chris Budke

Findlay, Ohio USA

President, Black Swamp Chapter ATHS

Man, I got to start planning my party crashing.......

Rob