82 v8 Superliner sleeper on marketplace

Hans Remmers

6 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

Yeah something doesn't look right about this pic of the front end either. 

B4D5FB58-983A-4783-896E-08DE422D8C18.thumb.jpeg.c7b82bf149a2b87a10fc7c37fe7377c0.jpeg

Shouldn't there be some sort of upper control arm? 

That's one of Mack's not so great ideas about where a steering box goes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

Yeah something doesn't look right about this pic of the front end either. 

B4D5FB58-983A-4783-896E-08DE422D8C18.thumb.jpeg.c7b82bf149a2b87a10fc7c37fe7377c0.jpeg

Shouldn't there be some sort of upper control arm? 

The Superliner 1's and possibly cruiseliners too ran the drag link to the passenger side. Not really a great setup.

I never remember that on my Mh, are they different? I never noticed the Superliners steering box either. Probably not much room for the box inside the frame with the v8 in there though. 

Front ends and suspensions are definitely not my area of expertise, especially the newer stuff. We still run trucks that don't have front brakes 

7 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

I never remember that on my Mh, are they different? I never noticed the Superliners steering box either. Probably not much room for the box inside the frame with the v8 in there though. 

Front ends and suspensions are definitely not my area of expertise, especially the newer stuff. We still run trucks that don't have front brakes 

That's not a V8 thing.  Superliner 1s had a different arrangement with the frame in the front and the steering box is mounted on the steering axle itself.   I'd imagine by now it'd be virtually impossible finding parts related to that setup.

• Like 2

And that drilling in the left knuckle for the steering lever must be empty on the 1st gen RW and WS. As on the pictures.

Nice looking dog. I have no idea on what they're asking but suppose it will find a new home soon.

Thanks for posting.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

17 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

And that drilling in the left knuckle for the steering lever must be empty on the 1st gen RW and WS. As on the pictures.

Nice looking dog. I have no idea on what they're asking but suppose it will find a new home soon.

Thanks for posting.

They are asking $30k, it's too high for me but the market here hasn't fallen back to reality here yet. If it was mine I'd probably ask that much too.

1 hour ago, h67st said:

It sure seems like having the box mounted on the axle would cause the steering shaft slip joint to wear pretty fast.

Yup ! replaced more that one in the day! And the W model was even worse!

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:58 PM, Hans Remmers said:

They are asking $30k, it's too high for me but the market here hasn't fallen back to reality here yet. If it was mine I'd probably ask that much too.

With no torque rod in place and parked in that pool?

May take longer to get rid of than I supposed initially.

14 hours ago, Hans Remmers said:

And....it's gone, likely sold.

Doesn't surprize. Quite solid truck overall with V8 and a sleeper well worth the 2nd figure.

9 hours ago, PMC said:

Seems be back online at the $30k price.  

There were comments on another forum that the bunk hole was enlarged but not finished.  

I haven't seen it again. I think that bunk opening was original to the manufacturer. It did appear to be missing the headliner in the cab though. My family had a couple of that brand sleeper in the 90's but I don't recall the name 

12 hours ago, Hans Remmers said:

My family had a couple of that brand sleeper in the 90's but I don't recall the name 

Does Rest Rite sound familiar? They were very popular on with operators of Mack trucks before Mack produced their own integral unit. They were manufactured not far from me. I have an interest in them and own two of them. I'm actually just curious. I can't tell for sure but it closely resembles one. The black paint and picture resolution make it hard to pick up on any fine details. Thanks.

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

Does Rest Rite sound familiar? They were very popular on with operators of Mack trucks before Mack produced their own integral unit. They were manufactured not far from me. I have an interest in them and own two of them. I'm actually just curious. I can't tell for sure but it closely resembles one. The black paint and picture resolution make it hard to pick up on any fine details. Thanks.

It's definitely not a rest-rite. We had a couple of them. They had flush doors with keyed latches. Not the paddle latches. They also had the emblem on the side of the little man laying on a flatbed. We even had a superliner with a loungeliner rest-rite bunk. I'd love to find another one of them