Pictures of the Week

other dog

have taken the axle  cut it in center  = install a piece of proper dia pipe then reweld. gives you room to slide axle side ways for removal.  number of places sell semi/pneumatic  wider tires . company I worked for had many hand trucks being thrown away. I took a few and modified. tubeless with the green  tire flat repair stuff works.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

have taken the axle  cut it in center  = install a piece of proper dia pipe then reweld. gives you room to slide axle side ways for removal.  number of places sell semi/pneumatic  wider tires . company I worked for had many hand trucks being thrown away. I took a few and modified. tubeless with the green  tire flat repair stuff works.

I think mine has those semi things they look like air tires, but there’s no valves

• Like 1

I was helping- I guess my former sister in law?..or still my sister in law?..I'm not sure, she was the sister of my wife who passed away in 2005- anyhow, her and her husband are apparently calling it quits after many years and we were helping her move last night because she had to be out of her former home by 11:59 pm.

She had these 2 chain saws that belonged to her dad, and she told me if I could use them to take them. I really don't have any need for them since I haven't burned firewood in years but I grabbed them before she changed her mind.  They're too good to just let them go to waste. My father in law passed away 7 years ago, and they probably hadn't been started since long before that. I dumped the old gas out and put new gas in them and got one of them started already, but no luck on the other one yet. I helped him cut many loads of firewood with these saws, I had an XL12 Homelite myself, and a 925. The XL12 was one of the best saws ever made in my opinion, mine burned up when my shed burned down.

PXL_20240101_183806233.thumb.jpg.134b43f9828b1cbea75f92da762a0186.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I can't use them ; have 3 of my own . you can almost guarantee with a little fluff and buff those will run way longer then todays junk. you can probably find the "made in U S A " on them also. not todays stuff

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mark T said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, what's that one that doesn't have a regular bar for ?  I've never seen a saw like that.

It's called a bow saw, the bar is actually the only difference in those two saws. You could interchange them if you wanted. They used to be really popular for cutting pulpwood, the main advantage is that the bar itself is so thin it wouldn't get pinched, at least not as easily anyway. The main disadvantage is that they are notorious for "kickback", I know people that have their faces scarred up today from using one, and one is a professional logger. That's the one I haven't gotten started, and I might not even fool with it. The other one has the "anti kickback" safety feature by the handle, but it's not connected to anything. I think that's why they don't even make them anymore, because they're dangerous. But it's the cat's ass for firewood cutting, when my father in law ran that saw he pretty much just set those two prongs on the ground and tilted the saw forward and could cut firewood with one hand.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, Mark T said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, what's that one that doesn't have a regular bar for ?  I've never seen a saw like that.

not a matter of "sounding dumb".  it more of being intelligent enough to what to expand your knowledge

• Like 2

In the N.C. mountains, Christmas Tree farmers use them to cut our Christmas trees..  that's all I know .

• Like 1

Had to look it up myself....Apparently (from the comments and how Otherdog says) the second guy to use the saw in the video is using it properly. Digging the cleats into the ground between you and the log and rocking the saw forward allowing the saw "tip" to pull itself into the material.

Edited by 67RModel

27 minutes ago, Mark T said:

IDK what happened, I was locked out a couple days.  But ty for the response.  I never knew something like that existed.  Maybe why I never maimed myself with one. 

Mark,  the google security certificate expired on 12- 31 or 1-1.

and it took a while for it to renew. 

i could not log on with either the laptop, or desktop, phone only. and it was a royal pain to do it on the phone too. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Mark,  the google security certificate expired on 12- 31 or 1-1.

and it took a while for it to renew. 

i could not log on with either the laptop, or desktop, phone only. and it was a royal pain to do it on the phone too. 

I figured something.  (and here I thought it was from me lloking at too much smut)

• Haha 2

And yes, I have all kinds of shit I don’t need but people were getting rid of stuff and asked me if I wanted it and of course I couldn’t get over there quick enough… bob

• Like 1

well then... I got the bill for the new stew pot stand. As it is with everything anymore, it was three times as much as I was expecting it to be. I would have made one myself out of one of these old truck wheels i've got laying around if i'd known it was going to cost me $200. The same folks were surprisingly cheap when they made a lid for my favorite grill though, and a rear bumper for that Dodge pickup I had.

stew414.jpg.950c46798dba2338f6c801c0e121a62c.jpg

I took it back to get them to tweak it a little bit- this is the old one that fits the smaller pot. The new one doesn't quite go in far enough, but if I biggerized the hole the smaller pot would fall through. I'm going to get them to lower the new one a couple of inches, and cut out a half-moon piece in front where I put the wood in. That's about a 5 minute job, so maybe they won't charge extra for doing that.

stew4071m.jpg.695404019f649b0300776db940f34a19.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

That saw just looks dangerous. I’ve never seen one either but who can turn down freebies seems like we discussed this before ha ha….bob

that's what I said about marriage also  !!LOL looks dangerous; who can turn down freebie. NOT FREE AT ALL , least the buzz from the chainsaw is "music to you ears ".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m fixing on working on most of this stuff is selling it after retirement…spare Cash … And something to do with my hands… bob

living in good ole U S A and you think there will be "spare cash " hello mr biden this gentleman says he will have spare  cash. Im sure the border crossers should have it !! imagine thinking the VETERANS deserve it , shame on you. they fought and died for this rotten place ==spare cash ?? LOL

• Like 1

I’m fixing on working on most of this stuff is selling it after retirement…spare Cash … And something to do with my hands… bob

now since this is a family site ; we won't go an elaborate on doing something with your hands !!!LOL . maybe buffing out the hood on DM600 ???🤣😱🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol don’t even open up that can of worms  but yes vets teachers and first responders also are all bottom feeders… I was appalled to hear how little they start at fir saving peoples lives like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????? I am going to quit while ahead but Tom ya 200 bucks ,,, I would have figured something else … but yes the pot is real nice looking I’m sure you and Zina from Florida will get lotsa use …. Bob

• Like 2