Yardo's pixtures of however often I feel like posting them, August 25, 2023 Version

1958 F.W.D.

8 minutes ago, hicrop10 said:

I made the same trip back around 1980 but we continued on to California.

Funny you mention that, if we had more time we would have gone the rest of the way (600 miles +/-) and went to the Los Angeles County Fire Museum and also visited a friend who now owns the FDNY Super Tender and the LA City F-Model Mack/Holmes Wrecker 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

5 hours ago, BGarofalo said:

Do you remember the name of the restaurant where you had the good biscuits?  I happen to have been out in Flagstaff about 2 weeks ago and that dining area sure looks familiar.  

Mike and Rhonda's Place.

We found it by accident! But it looked good so we gave it a shot and it was a grand slam!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Man, what a cool story glad you had a swinging  time and made money. I thought the trailer was a lot bigger, but that thing must’ve been a breeze to pull. Thanks for sharing. Yes Arizona has gorgeous scenery. I wish I would’ve moved there instead of this. Ice Haven and yes 102 dry heat is not bad at all. We get it here a lot. I am out there working on it. Bob 

In 2019 we made a similar loop when we went to the ATHS show in Reno.. A word word of warning.. If you plan on doing the Hoover Dam and generating system think "Airport Security" to get inside the visitor center and generators... Had my pocket knife and was not allowed in!!

Brocky

super story and pictures. purpose of buying the 2017 GMC 2500 diesel was to retire and pull a decent RV and see the country. like you say= all the pictures of things like the grand canyon don't do it justice. you have to see with your own eyes. seems someone (wife) decided "I don't want to go in an RV". now back in the taxed over state of CT ; sold the GMC .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have never been camping in my life I would like to try it just wants to say I did it And yes, his trip sounds amazing. I am afraid oh I am a little bit envious ha ha it would be nice to travel somewhere where you are not  always trying to beat the clock.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the story details and fantastic scenaries!

Great to hear you have that done with your dad. Pretty sure a lot of to talk about during long hours of driving. The Grand Canyon photo's take the breath away. And just cry "you should go there look that yourself!". Maybe some year, some day... 

The only thing I haven't figured out is what were those bistits you've got at breakfast in Winfall? Ok, I see, that wasn't Winfall. So never mind. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I will be out in Colorado at the end of September (daughter getting another tattoo).I can’t get over the scenery out there.I will head up to Cheyenne Wyoming area for the day,going to check out a fella that has a antique caterpillar collection.Any truck collection out there.