Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

On 11/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, Mean Green said:

Bob I replaced the hoses on my canister filter on my 673 one end was flat and 2 bolts clamped it to the block and the other end was male pipe all the fitting were removable I just used  black aeroquip line I bought some at work then cut it to length I work at a cat dealer don’t know the part number but it was a common hose we stocked it was identical to what I removed

Not sure if I mentioned this, I tried to find the hoses on my own. I was having a hell of a time.

I slipped on the ice last winter I was out for six weeks, some of you might remember that but therapist used to do the same thing one of them felt like she was pushing her fingers right through me and she was very small… OK now I’m jumping from one subject to the next and yes Joey I do it also.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yes Paul it sucks but your post was hilarious. 16 days in a row that’s bullshit. I was doing that in my 30s. No more !!!!!!!

"16 days in a row; I was doing that in my30s" . aren't mechanics suppose to ? no one  told me not to ..LOL. I did 16 + days in  my  30s =40s- 50s! ;; lets forget my 60s. at least my 70s have slowed down.😱

On 12/9/2023 at 6:04 AM, tjc transport said:

Bob, that is called acupressure. same principle as acupuncture, but the therapist uses finger on the pressure points instead of needles stuck into them

Almost missed this one. Yes, they were absolutely wonderful over there when I first arrived I couldn’t even lift my left arm at all six weeks I was back to work.

just ordered a bunch of new exhaust parts from amazon,,,been tired of looking at that big ugly muffler on the side,,,moving it to underneath short resinator type with chrome smoke stack,,,had to order 2 elbos to turn exhaust slightly to go around fuel tank that i got off a UPS f model years ago its a little to long and had to reroute pipes around it,,,,but now im forced to swap out bad transmission,,,because the power takeoff is right in the way,where i wanna put the muffler....all those new parts boost my spirits plus now im forced to jump on more progress ,,,wife got me an engine crane for christmas,,,which will make shit alot easier around here.new transmission has been sitting on a pallet behind my house for 16 years for  one thing now i can pick it up and move it into the garage ..bob

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, mowerman said:

just ordered a bunch of new exhaust parts from amazon,,,been tired of looking at that big ugly muffler on the side,,,moving it to underneath short resinator type with chrome smoke stack,,,had to order 2 elbos to turn exhaust slightly to go around fuel tank that i got off a UPS f model years ago its a little to long and had to reroute pipes around it,,,,but now im forced to swap out bad transmission,,,because the power takeoff is right in the way,where i wanna put the muffler....all those new parts boost my spirits plus now im forced to jump on more progress ,,,wife got me an engine crane for christmas,,,which will make shit alot easier around here.new transmission has been sitting on a pallet behind my house for 16 years for  one thing now i can pick it up and move it into the garage ..bob

hope there are up coming pictures explaining this new progress. removing "ugly vertical muffler / installing modified grass burner horizontal muffler. ??  what (TRUCK) body does the future hold for the DM600 that a PTO is required???? .going to be a dump/ hyd roll-off ??? . how's fiberglass nose work looking ??? 

I think it would be a cool local truck to take to the grocery store, or Dunkin Donuts for breakfast...  :)  If I ever get my '48 on the road, thats what im gonna do...  Sorry TJC,,,  I did it again,,,  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The PTO is for the dump truck that’s what it was when I bought it. I removed the body years ago. The PTO is right in the  away of my fancy new exhaust. I am planning horizontal resonator muffler with a 4 inch vertical chrome stack. I didn’t want it straight just a little something to quiet it down if I live long enough i’ll look for a stationary flatbed, but I think Joey is right I don’t think it will go any further than their frame and Dunkin’ Donuts ha ha thanks for your interest as well as I’m getting real excited about getting really close to working on this thing I’m still waiting for those oil lines. I called. The guy yesterday said they were back ordered again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

The PTO is for the dump truck that’s what it was when I bought it. I removed the body years ago. The PTO is right in the  away of my fancy new exhaust. I am planning horizontal resonator muffler with a 4 inch vertical chrome stack. I didn’t want it straight just a little something to quiet it down if I live long enough i’ll look for a stationary flatbed, but I think Joey is right I don’t think it will go any further than their frame and Dunkin’ Donuts ha ha thanks for your interest as well as I’m getting real excited about getting really close to working on this thing I’m still waiting for those oil lines. I called. The guy yesterday said they were back ordered again. 

call it another change in times;; back when if a line was needed = simple step to go in parts room grab roll of correct size aero=quipt hose; cut to length , bevel ends on grinder = clean out hose  , screw ends on using caution NOT to cut inner lining with fitting. plenty  of oil/ grease and straight shot fitting to hose. have seen internal hose lining cut installing fitting, never this modern day "have to order" = different today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

call it another change in times;; back when if a line was needed = simple step to go in parts room grab roll of correct size aero=quipt hose; cut to length , bevel ends on grinder = clean out hose  , screw ends on using caution NOT to cut inner lining with fitting. plenty  of oil/ grease and straight shot fitting to hose. have seen internal hose lining cut installing fitting, never this modern day "have to order" = different today.

Sadly this is true even over here these days

Used to just go to the local hydraulic shop and the hose was made while I stood there

Becoming less common today

Also the reusable fittings are becoming more of a challenge to buy

Had some joker a while ago tell they aren't reusable, they are field service 

Phewt, no bother what they are called but they are what I want 

Begrudgingly I was given what I wanted

Worlds gone balmy

Paul

• Like 1
  • Sad 2