Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

Me and mechohaulic already out of photos for the day

IMG_2404.jpeg

The guy standing by the passenger door, in the black shirt, is Pat Archiere from Danbury, CT and that's his son's Brockway they restored. It sat for years off the edge of Pat's driveway waiting to be restored. They pulled off a beautiful restoration on it. Glad you both are having a great time! Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found the best way to get individual pictures is to stake out a place on the parade route and get then as they come by.. In the display area they are usually too close together and a lot of spectators..

Brocky

18 hours ago, Brocky said:

I have found the best way to get individual pictures is to stake out a place on the parade route and get then as they come by.. In the display area they are usually too close together and a lot of spectators..

I was standing in the museum parking lot as trucks were leaving for parade.. using my CAMERA to take pictures;; challenge now to figure how to post some here. i've posted pictures here  before with the DMM pictures= old age factor kicking in (memory failure ). Brocky were You able to make it:: Bob(mowerman ) said you weren't sure . 

YouTube Bubba I go there for every difficult maneuver had to use them to Greg or out how to take apart my clothes dryer. Good luck. Made it to LA no four hour  layover. Sounds like time for the bar. Let’s see if they serve paps blue ribbon and Jack Daniels.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

If nothing else deli sandwiches out here, just do not compete with the East Coast last sandwich I had was a Philadelphia cheesesteak just don’t know how to put them together out here and if you asked for a sausage sandwich out here, they look at you like you’re born with six legs

• Haha 1

It is NOT just the west coast, same down here, Like they forgot how to cook when they crossed the Mason Dixon line!!!!  YES!! A good Italian HOT sausage on a piece of Italian loaf bread...  With onions and peppers!!! But my Georgia raised 2nd wife is till trying to get me to eat Pinto beans and Cornbread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brocky

I feel your pain Brocky..   However, My Southern 'Corn bread fed' wife ''Loves'' my ''Gravy''  ( spaghetti sauce for the rest of you) .. I actually just blanched a bunch of tomato's and there is a pot of gravy on the stove right now..  She will just stand there and smell it a few times while it is cooking..  Im sorry Bob, for sidetracking this one.  I'm on Quarentine again, thanks to the Kung Flu..  Already bored to death..

P.S.  I was Raised in an Italian family in New Yawk. Brooklyn and East Islip Lawng Gyland... till i was 11.  I learned a lot about eating and cooking, from my Immigrant Grand Mothers, and my Mother..

KIMG2140.JPG

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brocky said:

It is NOT just the west coast, same down here, Like they forgot how to cook when they crossed the Mason Dixon line!!!!  YES!! A good Italian HOT sausage on a piece of Italian loaf bread...  With onions and peppers!!! But my Georgia raised 2nd wife is till trying to get me to eat Pinto beans and Cornbread...

Oh OK clearly you have the same issue there’s only one restaurant in town that sells real good ones. In fact it’s the first sandwich on their list. I had a really good one there at the show. American legion there a real good job on them.

9 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I feel your pain Brocky..   However, My Southern 'Corn bread fed' ''Loves'' my ''Gravy''  ( spaghetti sauce for the rest of you) .. I actually just blanched a bunch of tomato's and there is a pot of gravy on the stove right now..  She will just stand there and smell it a few times while it is cooking..  Im sorry Bob, for sidetracking this one.  I'm on Quarentine again, thanks to the Kung Flu..  Already bored to death..

P.S.  I was Raised in an Italian family in New Yawk. Brooklyn and East Islip Lawng Gyland... till i was 11.  I learned a lot about eating and cooking, from my Immigrant Grand Mothers, and my Mother..

KIMG2140.JPG

That looks amazing. My wife does a really good job on fixing me meatballs. I’m not sure what she does but they’re just like home fresh French bread from Raleys supermarket expensive chain. We have here you guys I’m sure I have never heard of them but between the old ladies cooking and the bread they’re pretty good and no don’t worry about stomping any treads . We all do it. . Great conversation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Oh OK clearly you have the same issue there’s only one restaurant in town that sells real good ones. In fact it’s the first sandwich on their list. I had a really good one there at the show. American legion there a real good job on them.

And funny thing about that restaurant. If you look at that big fat, goofy guy that owns the place, you would never imagine he would put out a fabulous dish like that.

Well, I was supposed to do some work on my truck today, but I drank too much at the airport paying the price right now I am looking into making one of my old 8 mm movies into a DVD trip reminded me there is a 57 Brockway and I let my dad was driving And I am in it, but I am only two years old 

• Like 1

A little bit more today figured out an electrical issue pulled out the headlight bucket and the more I look around the more I discover it’s going to need a little bit more fiberglass work than I had planned which is fine I would rather spot it before I start doing anything I am not going to use those stock parking lights if anybody needs them …. Bob

IMG_2493.jpeg

On 8/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, mattb73lt said:

The guy standing by the passenger door, in the black shirt, is Pat Archiere from Danbury, CT and that's his son's Brockway they restored. It sat for years off the edge of Pat's driveway waiting to be restored. They pulled off a beautiful restoration on it. Glad you both are having a great time! Enjoy!!

hell i missed the part about standing right in front of it,,,,,,,,,interior was absolutely gorgeous on it ...looked brand new,,,i was wondering where in the world he got all of it..and yes that guy caught my attention for some reason...bob

are you looking to change the saddles, or the box rubbers?  Wheel seals will be easy.  can you post a picture of the top of the carriers, and the the bowl in the banjo housing? i'm wondering if you have cast iron housings or steel housings.