B61 front fender removal

I took mine off a couple of months ago. I used an engine hoist with a strap to hold the fender in place while removing the bolts. Then raised it above the tire and moved it aside. You can pick the fender (with inner fender) up and move it around but it is awkward when trying to unbolt and hold in place.

As you remove the bolts replace a couple on front and back  with 3/8" studs about 2" long. Find somebody to help hold one end on studs until you get other end loose and couple studs installed. Then you can slide off studs and raise inner fender over the tire. Or remove tire to elimate lifting so high.  Also good idea to keep those 3/8" studs in glove box just in case you have to drop a fender on side of road. 

I`m thinking of using an air jack,an inflatable cushion that off-roaders use to jack trucks stuck in muddy ruts.I could sit it on top of the tire and pump it up til there`s no drop when the bolts are removed.Then get help to remove,if needed.

I was lucky the bolts came right out but I played it safe and used two studs to help with alignment and my cousin to help steady the assembly on the removal and remount of the fender and inner fender on my old B model.

12 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Would like to see those pictures.

I've been searching for that post.  I found some where they talked about putting it together a piece at a time, but still can't find that thread where they showed the entire nose being installed at the factory.  Will keep looking.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Yes, I also remember that talk. There was a factory pic of the B front end if I'm not wrong.

I may be having it saved on a hard drive. Will try looking for.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 5/20/2023 at 8:02 PM, hicrop10 said:

How’s it to take a radiator shell out?

The actual radiator or just the chrome shell?

My shell comes off easily. 

The small radiator should be easy.  The large version,like I have, takes some finesse because it is a very snug fit inside the outer collar.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

55 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Yes, I also remember that talk. There was a factory pic of the B front end if I'm not wrong.

I may be having it saved on a hard drive. Will try looking for.

Yes.  That is the thread I was thinking of.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."