23 minutes ago, fiveseven0trkr said:

Thanks mechohaulic we really like that trailer  53' with 2 lift axles so it's easy to make it Cali legal.   truck fired up  and drove on the trailer under its own power! yes height was measured, it was 14' from the earth to the tip of the exhaust pipe so he removed the muffler and stack and it is now under 13'6"  ,  stacks on the Kenworth are 12'4" so it makes  the load appear tall.

Should I take this off the introduction forum?

no need to change from intro forum. one bit of advise though == don't hang around me toooo much . you will be taking away my "title "of off topic master. LMAO.

• Thanks 1

Mowerman I don't think I am gonna get a good night's sleep till the unit is in my driveway. had a phone conversation with the driver after it was loaded. He says the cab is more solid than he would expect a truck of that age to be. The frame is the thickest he has ever seen. But he couldn't tell me if it's aluminum  so yea I'm chomping at the bit to get it here and crawl all over it finding numbers and figuring out what I got.

• Like 1

alum rails might make it a RL700.  westerns had the alum for weight . set up a new FL700 back in the day. after mounting 50 + 5th wheels on new chassis; would prefer drill alum thick rails over tensile steel rails. when it's on home ground, I would recommend an extensive (more then normal) inspection of the rails for cracks / oxidation. shouldn't be bad coming from west coast area versus east coast "salt roads".

• Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 8:37 AM, mowerman said:

Wonder why the nose seems extremely long???? 

western RL700. longer nose.. total suspense waiting for the last two digits of model number==RL785/ RL773 etc. hopefully model number matches engine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fiveseven0trkr said:

Ya that was my thought too... I'm too young to know much of aluminum frames but seen it on a local wrecker recently and yea it was thick. What are pros and cons of aluminum frame?

be interesting to see specs on the wrecker!!  think it's unusual for a wrecker to have alum rails. wreckers have more twisting/ turning off road . another work of modern technology I guess. let's not go off topic now . just ole man thinking out loud.😱

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hans Remmers said:

I had to find the auction listing for this and see more pictures.

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/trucks/auctions/online/222288491/1971-mack-rl700l

I'm almost certain it's a Hayward mack and has an aluminum frame and doors.  Also is see a 13 speed shifter plus another stick. Is there a brownie behind it?

Yes that's the one, sorry I could have helped you out with finding the link

5 minutes ago, fiveseven0trkr said:

when he loaded it he says the brake knob is between the seats, front of the back wall

Ok, that's what I originally thought. Maybe that's just the trailer valve in the dash. I forget how they were set up. Very interesting truck, where in PA are you?

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

western RL700. longer nose.. total suspense waiting for the last two digits of model number==RL785/ RL773 etc. hopefully model number matches engine.

This any help to you Mate..

Year
Manufacturer
MACK
Model
RL700L
Condition
Used
VIN
RL767LST9897
  • Thanks 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, fiveseven0trkr said:

Should I take this off the introduction forum?

I've moved It to the Antique & classic  Mack Section for You ..570

• Thanks 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

16 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I drove an early R700 a little bit.  Had the V-8 Maxidyne with the 6-speed Extended Range Maxitorque transmission.  It was the early cab, like that one.  About a '70-71...had the darker green interior.  That thing was a beast.  But, the Maxitorque took some getting used to, since I was used to the 18-speed.  I kept wanting to shift too quickly!  The view over that longer nose was really something.  Felt like there was a mobile home sticking out the front of the cab!

That one does LOOK like a western model.  Maybe can find out more as you go.  Looks like a great find.  Love the flat-back, all-steel, green-on-the-inside cabs.

Look forward to seeing more on this one.

Oh, bought a 73 RL back in in 86  237 maxidyne I hated that thing it wasn’t so much the transmission the engine was gutless 40,000 pounds on the grapevine down to 12 miles an hour but the point being that transmission drove me crazy you’re constantly wanting to drop gears 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fiveseven0trkr said:

Mowerman I don't think I am gonna get a good night's sleep till the unit is in my driveway. had a phone conversation with the driver after it was loaded. He says the cab is more solid than he would expect a truck of that age to be. The frame is the thickest he has ever seen. But he couldn't tell me if it's aluminum  so yea I'm chomping at the bit to get it here and crawl all over it finding numbers and figuring out what I got.

God love you if the frame is really thick, it’s aluminum

14 minutes ago, Mark T said:

That's a Small Cam in that truck. I see a compression release on there.  Looks to be a 350 with the intercooler on it.  

Compression release??????? my God bud you’re giving away your age.. lol bob