On 4/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, 70mackMB said:

Known around here as a "Sleeper cab". Had a friend that drove for St. Johnsbury Trucking doing city P&D. His truck was a small Ford tractor with a bench seat, he said it was his " St. Jay sleeper model" lol (Back when it was fun.)    .....Hippy

Forgot to mention, are used to sleep in a U model had a board between the seats eight full hours, but I am only 5 foot seven and I am not sure at 67 if that would be so appealing ha ha

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 6:32 PM, Brocky said:

Other than that damn Tachograph it look like you have a nice clean unit!!!!

Just noticed that small CB radio and I was thinking in a few years. These young drivers aren’t even going to know what they are….. our much care for that matter…. Bob

33 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Just noticed that small CB radio and I was thinking in a few years. These young drivers aren’t even going to know what they are….. our much care for that matter…. Bob

most aleady don't know what it is for. 

my friend has a bunch of "kids" in his trucks. they use the phone to talk to each other, even though they are 50 foot apart on the job. 
when asked why they dont answer the CB, they look at like a deer in the headlights. point to it, and they say oh that thing??? it was making noise so i turned it off. 

• Haha 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ha ha that does not surprise me. One of our driver trainers was telling me a while ago some guys get in the truck and want to know what  that is for????? Man how times have changed … but then a bunch of our drivers that used to run. Radios quit running them on a count of there is nobody out there to talk to .. a friend of mine drives for yellow he was telling me hardly anybody over there. He uses them now and their last batch of Ryan New peterbilts didn’t even come with a place to put one… Bob

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Ha ha that does not surprise me. One of our driver trainers was telling me a while ago some guys get in the truck and want to know what  that is for????? Man how times have changed … but then a bunch of our drivers that used to run. Radios quit running them on a count of there is nobody out there to talk to .. a friend of mine drives for yellow he was telling me hardly anybody over there. He uses them now and their last batch of Ryan New peterbilts didn’t even come with a place to put one… Bob

only reason i have them in the trucks is communication with asphalt plants and loaders in quarries. 

and a lot of quarries are removing CB's from the loaders the past 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..