White Road Boss House Mover

Bullheaded

6 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

I remember watching that also! As soon as l saw the overalls l knew who it was. We need more shows like that today.    .....Hippy

yup, same here. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

hoping this topic of  house mover is tied into tv 😇; with that and the Red Skelton add , if you never heard Red's  version of "THE PLEDGE of ALLIGENCE "  . oh yea. check it out. last line makes you think. Red recorded it back in 1994.

• Like 1

All good comments. I wish I could still live in a place like that. Just honest simple times. Not to mention the cars and trucks were a million times better than the plastic electronic crap we have now.

And you are right 70mackMB.....we do need more shows like this. But instead we teach kids how to do mass shootings and shit because every show on tv seems to be a guide on how to commit homicides now. Then we wonder why all the stupidity in this world. Well, we here don't wonder, we're all hard working sane people. Can't say that for the rest of the population.

Anyway, back to happy thoughts.......did you see when he goes to some of the restaurants there? Try and find a burger or a slab of steak like that now at a restaurant! LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I can report back, it translates perfectly 

TV was once this style in Australia but all the reality TV these day is garbage

And the news just isnt news at all

Simple shows when we could lauph at our selves and not get offended by every little thing

Anyway back to the show, yes a pickup or ute as we once called them out here really does wear it's battle scars proudly 

Housemoving has always amazed me, dunno why, but it has 

I'm gunna watch some more

I'm embarrassed to say that I had to look up were Nebraska is as I had no idea, I'm guessing parts of it must get snow but really don't know 

Thanks for sharing, loved it and it gave me chuckle in a good way 

Paul 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

bringing back the good stuff , don't forget to add the Red Skelton show. now that was comedy at it's finest . didn't have to use foul language  to make you laugh.

I believe the last thing out of him end of show was may god bless!!!! And paul ,,, Nebraska hardly gets mentioned, for any reason..,  Bob

• Like 1

An interesting back a few years ago guys didn’t think they needed ink all over them to look tough ha ha. I know we talked about this before I don’t like tattoos.all . Waste of time and money. Sorry now I’m off the subject.  plastic people movers  don’t you just love it

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tjc transport said:

white trucks went the way of all other smaller manufacturers. bought by volvo, and than eliminated.

Smaller ?   White was huge.  Back even into the earlier "80s you couldn't go a day without seeing one.   I meant the actual truck in the video. That was a fancy truck as Whites went.

Whites were big in Australia and the RoadBoss was at a guess the most popular of it's time in that size truck, maybe Louisville was more popular but it was either one of those two

Some evening entertainment from Australia for you all over in Yanky land

And it's even almost on topic 🦘🦘

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark T said:

Smaller ?   White was huge.  Back even into the earlier "80s you couldn't go a day without seeing one.   I meant the actual truck in the video. That was a fancy truck as Whites went.

i meant by the time volvo bought them and closed the doors. white/volvo/gmc was not very popular trucks. 

back in the day, yes they were very big.  but by the time volvo bought white around 79-80 they were on the verge of bankruptcy. 
volvo bought them , merged with gmc, and brought them back for about 10 years or so before finally killing the White name in the 90's. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i meant by the time volvo bought them and closed the doors. white/volvo/gmc was not very popular trucks. 

back in the day, yes they were very big.  but by the time volvo bought white around 79-80 they were on the verge of bankruptcy. 
volvo bought them , merged with gmc, and brought them back for about 10 years or so before finally killing the White name in the 90's. 

Yes.  Ironic that happening to White after they bought up everything in their path back then, then it happened to them.  Out of all of them that were made and in service over all the years, they are a rare sight today. Seems more chances of seeing a General than an old Road Boss.  

• Like 2

Hmmm,, I seem to remember Volvo/White /GMC..  ( WIA + WG) model trucks, back when I was a newbie..  I guess Volvo, has been trying to own all of the truck makers..  am I supposed to question my love for Chevy trucks??  I have a few of them..  :) 

Volvo took over what was left of White when the company was failing . Around the same time ( a little later ) they took over GMC . They referred to the trucks as "new family" or something like that. By the early '90s all of them left had that Volvo style cab and usually had grilles with the slash  (!!! not the curly haired guy that plays the guitar !!!)  Then it was all Volvo...... then in the early 2000s they started the take over of Mack.  What next ?

• Like 1