White Road Boss House Mover

Bullheaded

White was just like Allis Chalmers and International Harvester. They each made everything from trucks, tractors, heavy equipment to home appliances, power generation, crushers, mills, you name it. EVERYTHING. IH even had it's own town here in Ontario. Their own employee housing, schools, churches, fire department.

It's amazing what some bad management can do to a once giant, that would think would be unstoppable.

5 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Whites were big in Australia and the RoadBoss was at a guess the most popular of it's time in that size truck, maybe Louisville was more popular but it was either one of those two

Some evening entertainment from Australia for you all over in Yanky land

And it's even almost on topic 🦘🦘

Paul 

That's cool Paul. You know, I once had a conversation about that with my now deceased Australian friend. I once asked him what the most popular make of trucks were back in the day over there and he said the same thing.....lots of White's and Ford's.

He was an International guy himself.

16 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

That's cool Paul. You know, I once had a conversation about that with my now deceased Australian friend. I once asked him what the most popular make of trucks were back in the day over there and he said the same thing.....lots of White's and Ford's.

He was an International guy himself.

I think that value for money in Australia at least White and Louisville were unbeatable in long distance interstate type of trucks

You got the tough and proven American drive line, you got it quick and at a good price 

Mack there was and still is a long wait as is Kenworth

And I also think the likes of White were really keen to fill order books and as such did good deals

The cabs on both weren't as good as Mack or Kenworth and we can tell that by just how many didn't survive compared to Mack and Kenworth, Kenworth cabs appear to of survived a lot better than Mack

International sold well but with all the drama of IH in America I think made a lot of customers nervous 

Paul

19 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

White was just like Allis Chalmers and International Harvester. They each made everything from trucks, tractors, heavy equipment to home appliances, power generation, crushers, mills, you name it. EVERYTHING. IH even had it's own town here in Ontario. Their own employee housing, schools, churches, fire department.

It's amazing what some bad management can do to a once giant, that would think would be unstoppable.

Forklifts too. I've got one that you can't kill