Banking Scammers

Joey Mack

Hi guy's.. . I reacted quickly to a text message saying my debit is locked out.   I imediatley  called the number. The computer introduced itself as the Wells Fargo Fraud dept.  I answered all the questions, and at the end, there was no Wells Fargo 'Outroduction' . The phone call just went dead...   So I logged in to my account and moved all of my money out of that acct. into an acct, that is not linked..  Then I called Wells Fargo Cust. svc. line.. and sure enough, what I did was not conducted by an Official Wells Fargo dept.   Here a 2 pic's. of what is on my phone..   I'm posting this to provide info. and hopefully stop someone from making my mistake..  Jojo

Screenshot_20230108-155128.png

Screenshot_20230108-154624.png

• Thanks 1

That’s what they want you to do they scare you and then you don’t think and panic I get stuff from Amazon all the time it’s all fake The one bank I use sent me a text about fraud one time I was Leary about responding so I called my branch and it was them but because I didn’t respond to the text it locked my account to avoid any theft and calling my branch they lifted the lock no problem 

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

i get them every day. most are from europe. 

i also get emails from facebook telling me someone logged onto my account....... on an account i do not have. 

also from virizon telling me i am about to erase all my wireless contacts unless i click the provided link.......on a phone account i do not have.

and yahoo account is being deleted if i do not log on with the provided link..... for an account i do not have.

than there is fedexe wanting me to log into my account through the link provided to confirm an awaiting package shipping.... for another account i do not have with a shipping company i do not use because they never deliver to me. 

i average 25 per day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

WoW !!   Thats a bunch..   I did get one 2 weeks ago from UPS..  saying there was an issue with my delivery..  I asked my Boss, I mean Wife, if she had ordered anything..   "NO" ..  i knew it was a scam,,  wish I asked her before I started to fix this one..  :) 

they come in waves. since i do not acknowledge them or ask to be put on unsubscribe list, they just keep selling my email until they realize i WILL NOT answer any of them. than they will stop for a few weeks, and someone else will buy the email list. 

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

WoW !!   Thats a bunch..   I did get one 2 weeks ago from UPS..  saying there was an issue with my delivery..  I asked my Boss, I mean Wife, if she had ordered anything..   "NO" ..  i knew it was a scam,,  wish I asked her before I started to fix this one..  :) 

I just got the same one from UPS couple weeks ago and I just got another one saying someone was trying to use my Amazon account I just deleted both of them 

I get phone calls all the time like my car warranty or other crap I usuall answer the phone “ city morgue “ or after there done talking “hey do you know how to dispose of a body “ . The worst is posting on Craig’s list you always get the scammers and they want a google verification code I send back I need your bank routing number to verify you have the funds lol

• Haha 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

1 hour ago, Mean Green said:

I get phone calls all the time like my car warranty or other crap I usuall answer the phone “ city morgue “ or after there done talking “hey do you know how to dispose of a body “ . The worst is posting on Craig’s list you always get the scammers and they want a google verification code I send back I need your bank routing number to verify you have the funds lol

All calls to my wife's phone from numbers not in her contact list are blocked and don't ring, but before she did that, she used to answer "Clayton County Sheriff's Department", until one day, it WAS the Clayton County Sheriff's Department!  Turns out they were doing a fundraiser and she had donated in the past.  When they asked why she had answered that way, she explained that it was a great way to ward off scams.  They agreed!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GA_Dave said:

All calls to my wife's phone from numbers not in her contact list are blocked and don't ring, but before she did that, she used to answer "Clayton County Sheriff's Department", until one day, it WAS the Clayton County Sheriff's Department!  Turns out they were doing a fundraiser and she had donated in the past.  When they asked why she had answered that way, she explained that it was a great way to ward off scams.  They agreed!

my old flippy phone was the same way. the new stupid phone does not have that no ring option. 

so if the caller is not in my contact list, i do not answer and than block the number after they hand up.

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Yep..  I reacted in the wrong order..  should have called the bank first..  

YUP !  First and foremost if u get a call from a computer ! It answers you in a computer voice for instance - ( This is a call from the Fraud Dept from any bank or instatution!)  Hang up ! Just a BULLSHIT Call ! I have a whole list of BS numbers in my phone! That said!  they now  got tech that will show a call as being local even if they are calling from india! So call blocking isn't an option  these assholes are just phishing for anything to exploit!  JUST HANG UP! If it is important they will have a REAL person Call and as you said Call the institution your self to be sure can't be to careful! They are banking on Panic ! On your part don't take the bait! Just Don't !Same with texts and emails Don't click on links don't Reply just delete and phone them if your worried! and get your phone number from a reputable source!

• Like 1

Yep.. but my dumbass reacted too quick.. I gave them important info..  I guess someone is going to finance a new car with my info...  Sure am glad I have the title to my house...  I think I'm gonna be 🤢 sick..jojo

Ugh, scammers.  Tons that that crap.  So tired of it.  It is always BS. 

I used to save those phone numbers to my phone as "no answer", that way when they used it again, I know what it is.

Had a call last week from a fellow.  I didn't recognize the number but it was local so I answered.  They guy says " what do you want?".  I was like " Ah who are you".  Apparently a scammer used my number to call this guy.  I explained how it works and we parted ways.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

when you get a call that is hard to hear (back ground noise etc ) then it clears up , someone says "can you hear me now "? NEVER EVER say -yes. they take your voice saying yes  and you just bought who knows what. you saying yes is edited into a conversation asking if you want to buy the what ever. once again it's the "sorry grandkids " your world is rotten.

I get the texts to verify a charge text back y or n

i have received several calls from the real fraud department. The caller asked me if the had the card in my possession and to call the number on the back. That is now my standard procedure.

be cautious and never give out your information to a caller unless you made the call 

The thing is, I made the call.. I called the number in the message..  It answered as Well Fargo Fraud Dept..  I was so concerned that I went through the phone call quickly..   I messed up..  I just hope they dont use my info for other activities..  I am dissapointed with myself..  I always pride myself on seeing this crap before hand..  I hope that others read this and all of the comments from "The Pound"  and dont make my mistake..  Thanks to all of you...  Jojo

• Thanks 1

As technology improves at what I think is too fast of a rate, so will the scams. They will also become much easier for the offender to commit and for someone to become a victim. The biggest issue with all this is the phones…For most people everyday tasks are done on them and sensitive information kept on them. There is hardly any physical transactions or interactions anymore.  

The other issue too is that when you call these places you’re more than likely talking to someone in another country. If you are lucky enough to get someone in America that you can understand it’s hard to find someone that even gives a shit to help. 

• Like 1