Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

I thought that was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen driving all night while everybody was asleep after doing it for 40 years didn’t seem so cool anymore ha ha

everything different todays world. especially when pulling injectors . how's that

I like the 'Sidetracking'..  It's like were all sittin at a bar shootin the Sh!t..  So far I havent seen a post from the originator saying,,,   ''Cut-it-out!''.. :) 

• Like 1

Switch hey, reminds of a song from Kevin Bloody Wilson

I'm  gunna be a builder when I grow up

Now if your bit delicate you better not click on the link, if your Australian yuou wont have to worry because well, you know whats about to come

Have a great day everyone 

I'll take my self off to the naughty corner 

Paul

On 4/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, Joey Mack said:

I like the 'Sidetracking'..  It's like were all sittin at a bar shootin the Sh!t..  So far I havent seen a post from the originator saying,,,   ''Cut-it-out!''.. :) 

Rats...they got sharp tails.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

It took going back 18 pages to investigate . conclusion :: I'm NOT taking the hit for off topic on this one. well maybe not 100%. LOL pulling injectors (original topic) went to engine removal (not me)  , to safe engine lifting.to how built at factory.  can we use our Mack coins to enter the bar for a drink. now I feel better for off topic, LOL🤣

On 4/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, Joey Mack said:

This is an online bar room. We’re all here just having a good time. Some of us youngins’ get to learn something from the old timers too haha. 

Got some more done today.  Radiator is in. Got all the air lines hooked up except one off of the governor. Think I’m gonna take the governor out of the red one and put it in the green one. Need to switch air cleaners too, as the red one has the turbo and green one didn’t, so they’re a bit different. The red ones air cleaner has a b-81 type with the air coming in from the top, just not the long stack. The green one gets the air from behind the canister, where the cab vent is on the red one.  Still need to figure out how to plumb the fuel filter. Not really sure how it was plumbed on the red one and I didn’t take pics of it before I ripped everything out. 

75AD5AFE-E872-44F6-8551-A9ECEA68D659.jpeg

E96958A9-95EF-4476-9BFB-E42CB88A67ED.jpeg

488B278D-DFA2-444A-A822-5060E7A41F21.jpeg

EFB5CD34-2C38-4307-BC0A-3EEA5D8FA514.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice going bud. Thanks for keeping us updated. You’re certainly working a lot faster than I am. I did start mine today and check out. Power steering issues I was supposed to be doing yard maintenance instead most of the day I watch TV ha ha again hats off to you partner Great progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve got two fuel filters on this engine. One canister type right above the injection pump and a spin on filter on the drivers side. The spin on can be seen in the pic.  I do know where one line off of the spin on was plumbed, to the drivers tank on top of the tank, I took the line off the old truck and am letting the elbow fitting soak. Would there be a pickup tube on that elbow fitting on top of the tank if that’s for intake?

I’m very thankful for all you guys and the help you’ve all given me along the way with this project. Can’t wait to drive this thing!

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I like the truck and the progress..    The fuel line routing is typically, From the tank, to the Primary filter, then to the lift pump, then to the secondary filter, then to the injection pump..   Just in case that was a question..  Really glad to see the updated pics..  Jojo

Ah, nice. That was definitely a question. Thanks!

• Like 1

So, it appears I have some fuel lines that aren’t right with the switch between the two trucks.  If I understand right, the fuel line coming out of the spin on filter should go directly into one of the fittings at the bottom of the lift pump. First pic with my hand in it shows the engine thats in the truck.C46F3F83-9280-44D1-9BEB-B1AF046F8FCC.thumb.jpeg.33157a811dff9286965c840bb5ba4746.jpegSecond pic shows the old engine on the ground. F9F80B4C-0D94-4F57-B2F7-AFE49D860268.thumb.jpeg.4d0ba95a10a05212508ba748452ad58a.jpegThe line I have in my hand is coming from the “out” side of the spin on. 92275A22-664F-4BDB-884C-82D94E2DB01C.thumb.jpeg.51b5514a934525732f3fdefc29397267.jpegI’d imagine I need to plug it in to the forward fitting?  

This pic shows the canister (secondary filter?) filter. C5E79ACB-F011-4AAC-8B06-F6C1356BD855.thumb.jpeg.d5a4b9a011665f3a5eaa0963fdfea6bf.jpegLooks like the line coming from the top goes to this point on the injection pump. 5EF71A8C-CBAE-4BFD-BBBC-D2C256F8C3EE.thumb.jpeg.13648d6629ecfa6346fc5be6e5ae3f77.jpeg

Where should everything be routed to?  Thanks for everyone’s help. 

Edited by Craig N

36 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

There should be arrows cast into the filter pad showing direction

Yes there is. I have the right routing to and from the filter but just making sure everything else is right

• Like 1