Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

the green one is not camelback,  its a spring ride but I dont know the manufacturer,,  2 different setups as far as swapping parts..  I also have almost zero knowledge on Mack front loader rears..   I do have book's, in the case I have to study-up...  :)  jojo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

the green one is not camelback,  its a spring ride but I dont know the manufacturer,,  2 different setups as far as swapping parts..  I also have almost zero knowledge on Mack front loader rears..   I do have book's, in the case I have to study-up...  :)  jojo

Yeah really just reminds me of my pickup truck, just way more leafs. Looks like a giant Ford 9” haha

• Like 2

Just now, mechohaulic said:

ones green other is red ;;; put some lights on both and your all set for Christmas in the Neiborhood. then with a cup of coffee (or other) sit and stare at both while you ponder the situation.

Now you’re talkin!!

1 minute ago, fjh said:

Think it may be rayco suspension on the single axle

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

seems to me a challenge to take a tandem dump body and mount it to a single axle;; might be a little over hang.

ya Nope Not a good Idea!

6 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Would be less moving parts to drive the green one. Newer brakes. That dump truck is pretty. nice though. More rubber to worry about though 

wish i spent more time yrs ago thinking more  rubber to worry about !!! i'd be single still  and NO i'm not your daddy.😁

Had air assist steering on the '67 R I drove.  Really nice to drive.  Did use a lot of air when weaseling around in the yard.  Cylinder would sometimes back off from the cap, and I had to spin it back on.  Was really nice on the road, though.

That single-axle could still be a Mack double-reduction setup.  Can't really tell from the pictures.

A single-axle is a bit easier to maintain on a toy truck, in my opinion.  But, whatever you do, I think you have a couple of nice toys to work with.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

5 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Had air assist steering on the '67 R I drove.  Really nice to drive.  Did use a lot of air when weaseling around in the yard.  Cylinder would sometimes back off from the cap, and I had to spin it back on.  Was really nice on the road, though.

That single-axle could still be a Mack double-reduction setup.  Can't really tell from the pictures.

A single-axle is a bit easier to maintain on a toy truck, in my opinion.  But, whatever you do, I think you have a couple of nice toys to work with.

Yeah, it’s got Mack cast into the rear end. Someone somewhere, maybe in another thread, said it was a double reduction setup.

I’m thinking the same thing. It’s just a toy, so I’ll probably just pull the motor from the 10 wheeler and put it in the 6 wheeler.  Less rubber, less weight, less moving parts in general. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig N said:

Oh that’s good to know!  No, they’re different style. The single axle looks like a more modern setup, I believe with camelback suspension. The dual axle has the rear ends that look like they’re flipped on their side, if that makes sense?  

044A388F-E00C-4B65-8AD5-DF7E16284D9C.png

Ductile iron housings those are nice no warping, heavy duty is good 

• Like 1