Fire Down Below Mack DM800 and East Dump Trailer

Wow great job thanks for sharing I have the tractor model I haven’t done anything with it for years just barely started it about one of years ago and it’s still sitting in a box looks like you have more ambition… bob

• Haha 1

trucks looking real good. the B81/DM800 chassis are the best. I have a DM800 with stretched chassis waiting for completion; redoing mounts to take a cummins  twin turbo. also two 800's built back in the '70's waiting for repair. 

Awesome work on the model!!! I see alot of those when the wife and I go back home to see her family in Ikes fork West Virginia. Those DM800's can actually move down the road. Last year up in Michigan I saw one that had a bunk on the back and a 500 hp E9 stuffed under the hood. I wish I had gotten pictures of it cause it was sweet looking for sure. Love that model.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the encouraging comments. I put an 8V92 detroit in the model but I think this was probably just studio dub. You can see that the truck that went off the cliff had a 6 cylinder Mack motor but then I'm pretty sure they used two near identical trucks for the chase sequence so I suppose the other might have had a detroit though unlikely. The Mack DM of this era brochure does not list detroit amongst the engine options and a google search for Mack DM873 brings up nothing. I'll call it modellers license!

• Like 2