TRTXL 1070B 12 Speed

Brandt

Selling this trans. It has issues!  Check this post to see if you want to tackle the issue.  Otherwise it ran fine until I goofed it up. It has 239K miles on it. It is complete minus the stick (but I have the shifter knob/switches).  I have no idea on the value - throw me an offer.   It is located in Powell, WY and I can ship from Billings, MT 59101.

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

Edited by Brandt
  • Like 1

Would be cool to put in my B model.  The old 237 would never hurt it.  But distance and cost to "fix" would likely make it a moot point.

I'd love to learn how to tear into one.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not really up on my Mack 12 speed knowledge. I know there were several versions of this transmission produced. What exactly is a TRTXL 1070B? How does it differ from T-1070, T-1070B, TRTXL-107, or TRTXL-1070? I know what they are but just not the differences in each model. I drove an Eaton Super 10 for a while and understand them to be the same principle except for a deep reduction for gears 1 & 2. I might be interested in this transmission to have on hand for a future project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't compare it to the other ones you listed, as this is the only Mack trans I have experience with.

You are correct in that it shifts like a Super10, with an additional 2 deep reduction gears. It also has 6 reverse gears and a Neutral position on the shifter(that is what got me in trouble with it). I haven't pulled the dash air switch (for the deep reduction) yet, but it goes with it.  It is a .73 or .78 OD and runs out at about 70mph with 4.42 gears and 11R22.5s

Text first as I don't answer calls that I don't recognize (or leave a message and I'll call back).   303 two04 three 28two

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Brandt said:

I still have this and don't want to scrap it out just yet.  I get it that transportation is the issue. If interested, let me know, sometimes a transportation issue will present a solution.

How much do you want for it?

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 7:59 AM, Brandt said:

I still have this and don't want to scrap it out just yet.  I get it that transportation is the issue. If interested, let me know, sometimes a transportation issue will present a solution.

Give me a call, I'm only in idaho, sure could use a spare

Gene 208-573-3989

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Brandt said:

Sounds like you have an interested party in idaho