Shuttering in 6, 7, 8th gear?

Nuge31

Hello,  I have a 14 pinnacle,  mp8 with an mdrive.  It has a shutter in 6,7 and 8th gears while pulling. For the most part I don't notice it running empty.   Had mack garage look at it and determined it could be clutch,  so I had that changed,  no change?  Drive line looks good,  they want to change injectors next,  but I am having a hard time buying that,  there are no other indicators that injectors are bad?  Anyone else deal with this in their mack?  Thank you

408000..  they looked at some things in the tranny when they had it out.   On a manual tranny you have splitters, I am wondering if there are high low and mid in that tranny and if there is something up with those middle gears? 

did the shop check the u-joints, and air ride height?  just curious? has the drive shaft been apart and put back together wrong?  I know you have a 12 spd, just curious..  jojo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

have you not checked your tires to see if you have a broken belt in one?  what about u-joints?   seems to me, someone loaded a parts cannon and pulled the cord..  I hope you find this soon... 13K is too much to spend for a vibration..   Jojo

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

13K is too much to spend for a vibration.

I Agree, They're bending you over Big time, & giving you Both ends of the Pineapple. In my Opinion..

• Sad 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I guess I should ask where the shaking is.....   In the steering wheel, or in you butt?  steering wheel is usually front end issues, in your butt tends to be, behind you in the chassis and suspension and drive line...  jojo

I had a bad shaking in the front friday and could not decide for sure what it was untill I stop and started to look.It did not feel like the front end but found a lot of mud in my left front steer rim.

Edited by theakerstwo
nk,
  • Like 1

glenn akers

'V' I asked the same Q earlier,  I was thinking driveline issues, u-joints, angle, bearing play, loose yokes,  anyway you get it..  I wish one of us was there to help save him 90% of his $13,000.00..... Jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

Well I  have looked at the transmission on google and it appears to be a 4 speed 3 range transmission

So I'm thinking one of the range change gears has a crook bearing or gear, and the guess would be the mid range gears 

But remember I have never driven or even looked at one of these, just using common sense  from what I can see and glean from the limited information we have at hand 

I dont see how injectors or even the clutch could only affect these gears 

Clutch would be in lower gears and the clutch would be slipping on a normal transmission 

Paul

Well, they just changed a drum in the back of the tranny,  been off for 7 days of work and that didn't fix the problem..   I have always thought about that mid range thing,  but no one there seemed to give it much thought.   That drum the just replaced was probably damaged by the shaking and will probably be damaged again as soon as I drive it..  I am disgusted

Dammit Man....  Any chance the drive shaft it NOT phased correctly?  I went back and read the thread again, and I'm trying to think of any un-asked questions..  jojo

Lol.. they have a rental truck?   I just found that out?   I am going to pick it up now..  I always thought that it was a high low range thing..  when you let me know it's a 3 range tranny,,  that makes perfect sence. I don't notice it in 5th, but 6 and 7 I do significantly and 8th some..   no where else