Shop Talk

Onyx610

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

I would love to take your classes...  jojo

I Have never been good At wiring issues Or computer diagnosis ! I will decline coming to your class thanks ! How ever I do respect you taking on the challenge! The PTT program Is still half Baked in my opinion The Cummins programs are or have been  better thought out !

4 minutes ago, fjh said:

Do they still have case based reasoning set up?

Yea, however ptt is like working on these engines. You have to do it all day everyday to even become somewhat good at it. That’s not my case haha. 

2 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Yea, however ptt is like working on these engines. You have to do it all day everyday to even become somewhat good at it. That’s not my case haha. 

Ya I get that bro ! I felt kind of denied the chance to work on the shit! After a while thou  I thought to my self I DON"T really want to work on it! I will stick with gray stuff thanks! Just the un thoughtful way the engines are assembled pissed me off more than anything! and the fact they chucked away all the decent Mack designs instead of using them! The parts system Sucks ! Well I got my self all wound up Better stop now! 😅

• Haha 2

I appreciate the compliments. 

These engines are only used to tear down and build up. If they dont follow instructions and I dont catch it, imagine the carnage that would happen if they ran it. This gives them good hands on experience and to give them some idea on what to expect in the real world. The biggest issue that I see is that they do not follow a process. They just what to rip and tear into to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

These engines are only used to tear down and build up. If they dont follow instructions and I dont catch it, imagine the carnage that would happen if they ran it. This gives them good hands on experience and to give them some idea on what to expect in the real world. The biggest issue that I see is that they do not follow a process. They just what to rip and tear into to it.

Hahaha, you arnt kidding with the amount of damage and money on one of those engines. I think the ripping and tearing just comes with maturity and experience. Id imagine these are younger guys? I was the same way at that time. Favorite tools were pry bar and hammer haha

and throw all the parts in a pile, rather than lining them up, marking them, inspecting them during tear down, and so-on..  I have had the pleasure of building engines that I didnt tear down..  my favorite thing was finding rod caps in the speedy dry that I had to sweep out from under the engine, or MP eng. brake plungers laying in the frame rail or on the floor, no way to know which rocker they came from...  yeah...  good times.. Dont miss that at all..  I am sure you are keeping them organized as they go...   Jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vmac3 said:

Yup I think Joe said it once or twice on this forum ! You got to be spot on when assembling MP your asking for trouble if you don't! There in lies one reason why each wrench turner has a lap top on his tool box!

3 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

when that happens to me, i put my glasses on. 😁

🥸

I was waiting for that comment haha, I have contacts and yes my prescription is up to date. I think that thing needs a better light. 

Edited by Onyx610

yes, it is hard to see at times, basically its about how familiar you are with what you are looking at, as to how well you understand the view..  just sayin'..   I still dont know how to twist it around to get a good view without a few cuss word's...  :) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

TJC,,, I have actually taken my glasses off, and grabbed Magnafying glass, and the veiw is much better...  jojo

i actually don't have one of them, but the hand held i do use has a burned out back light. so to read it i have to play with a small led light at an angle to see the screen.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Harbor frieght has cheappy Glass, magnifying glasses...   Young'ns dont know what they are, is why they are cheap..  :) 

that’s because they dont need them, the only time young’ns used them was to burn ants. 🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1