600hp e7

might not  be a matter of will the e7  350 handle the 600 hp, seems more like will the one behind the wheel know how to respect  the 350 pushing 600hp.  have been very fortunate to learn from a REAL mechanic  building a 318 DD yrs ago; he had it tuned to point where exhaust stacks were blue ; point being the driver knew the HP was there when needed. not there every time key turned on.  back then not many were concerned of actual HP engine had ; just knew it could.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I would like to know what it will be built for,? because riding 80,000 lbs down the road doesnt take much effort, I guess it might be about how fast you pass a KW or Petercar.. don't know,, just curios..   jojo

• Like 1

seems mind set of younger generation unfortunately .   know a 23 yr old truck driver (relative =won't say how ) LOL that is proud of his fancy red triaxle with "flat top eights" for us older folks ,myself included  ;; flat top eights means twin 8 in flat exhaust pipes. he didn't like my reply :: don't sound as good as a B81 .

Nice looking truck!!!  I would love to read about the engine and how it was built, and if it was machined differently than a stock E-7,..  I always like to learn cool sh!t about a Mack,  especially an RW... jojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

I’m interested as well . I remember years ago doing a mild bump up to a buddy’s dump truck , I called the guys at Rochester Diesel for some injector advice, super nice guys and learned a lot from them . Injectors, turbo , pump timing and cam timing would need to be perfect to get reliable 600 hp but I think it could be done . A high torque clutch and trans would be a must! 

And maybe more rpm which i am against

• Like 1

glenn akers

It would be in a work truck I’m not worried about keeping it cool since the super liner has the same radiator that’s in my e9 Cl I run daily besides the e9 having 2 thermostats same with rear ends their Mack 44 rears they will definitely hold up to it only thing I don’t know that will would be the 8ll that’s in it heck even 500-550 hp would be good too 

typically, the tranny would be a 2018, and the rears would be 200 series, to handle the torque, of the big engines..  I guess if you are the only driver, it will live longer.  Just my thoughts, jojo