600hp e7

Mack built a marine engine back in the day and called it a M-E7. This engine produced 650hp at 2300rpm. Its was 728ci with a mechanical fuel system. Never seen it in action, only heard and done some basic research on this bad boy.

V

• Like 1

Been my experience a good strong E7 had trouble with the pump staying on the engine. I don't believe mine were 600 HP, but they were very strong and after being in service a while they always developed leaks in front of the pump. I remember strong E6 4valves with similar issues.  Decompress it and bail the fuel to it.... it'll make 600 horse for  a little while (lol)

• Like 1

What i would do. Right or wrong is start with 454 spec pistons and cam. Then put a mechanical pump on it and grind the fuel plate and slide it forward or remove it and probably a hx55 turbo. Bigger nozzles. I bet 600 will be easy. How long it will last who knows. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark T said:

Been my experience a good strong E7 had trouble with the pump staying on the engine. I don't believe mine were 600 HP, but they were very strong and after being in service a while they always developed leaks in front of the pump. I remember strong E6 4valves with similar issues.  Decompress it and bail the fuel to it.... it'll make 600 horse for  a little while (lol)

I have a strong running e6 that will hang with the big cats in the hills but both heads are leaking now and im sure it will break the block or crank sooner or later. But its been running that way a long time

• Like 1