sticker shock at the pumps

RowdyRebel

Looks like price will continue to climb as US bans crude imports from Russia this morning. Although a minimal amount of total imports (around 10% of US's imports come from Russia) the reduction in supply will drive up cost more. As more Western European countries do the same and ban Russian oil imports there will a sizable void that needs to be filled globally. This is good for the domestic shale producers as they need a high price per barrel (>$90/bbl I think) to be competitive. So hopefully we see more domestic production ramp up and domestic energy jobs added.....Honestly I'm not too sad about the current cost hikes due to Russian oil being cancelled globally. It's really a small price to pay in order to help the Ukrainians as well as punish the Russian economy for this madness.

5 hours ago, mackey58 said:

20220307_190336.jpg

Seriously ??  If our asshole leader hadn't hobbled everything that has to do with fossil fuels this all wouldn't be at the point it is. There as of right now is no replacement for all the energy needed to pull off the recovery we need after these jerkoffs shut our country down . Who could blame greedy corporations when who's supposed to be the leader of the free world is retarded

• Like 2

Yep,  I just heard 'right now' on the news that these high prices are also a result of petro companies trying to recuperate recent losses,,,  so does that mean their operating cost's didnt go up much, but ours do ???   jojo

this morning headline of the nu yawk post is oil price increases are because of putins war, not because if dopy joes shutting down us oil. 

sad thing is, most of the sheep will believe that fast flowing male cow manure

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

sad but true... TJC, we barely get 10% of our oil from Russia..  I guess he thinks we can go 'all electric' by flipping a switch..  I will never understand the thinking, or lack there of,, by this administration..  I dont know.....  jojo

Yeah And to boot supplies and services are already of fortune as it is how much more can you keep passing on to customers we were going to start remodeling our house but everything is so expensive right now we decided to hang on a little longer now gasoline is out of sight what next System sucks everybody’s tired…. Bob

Gas went up $2.10/ gallon.  in 16 month's, and it's not done rising.. and now the new "Excuse" is Putin...  I still can't believe that 38% of the U.S. approves of our King..  They must be the ones that ride the bus for free to get there free food with a debit card thats funded by us,, the 'Workers' ....  Dang'it...  I forgot,, I have to got to work..  I better get going, hate to make less tax dollars today because I'm late to work... jojo

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:18 AM, 67RModel said:

How quickly everyone forgets history. In July 2008 the average cost of a gallon of 87 octane in the United States was $4.11. Adjusted for inflation that is $5.37/gallon in today's money. I'm sure we were all complaining how outrageous $4.11/gal was at the time, but the current prices aren't nearly as bad as they were in 2008....Although we could easily surpass $5.37/gal given the current geopolitical horseshit going on  oh don’t forget the two phony shortages we had in 70s 50 years later we got plenty it’s always something.. to screw the public out of thier hard earned dollars good thing about 2008 I bought my f150 right in the middle of all that 2 years old I got it for almost nothing 23Gs . 

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

this morning headline of the nu yawk post is oil price increases are because of putins war, not because if dopy joes shutting down us oil. 

sad thing is, most of the sheep will believe that fast flowing male cow manure

I just heard ass clown myself already putting all the blame on Putin yeah but OK dumbass what are you going to do about it oh that’s right nothing …. Bob

On 3/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Just filled up $1.91 litre diesel or $7.16 a US gallon

Even with the exchange rate thats $5.31 a U.S.  gallon in U.S. dollars

Worlds gone bloody mad, I gotta question the brain capacity of these so called leaders we have, both yours and mine, pack of limp dicks the lot of them

Anyway I guess its like the saying goes, we only get the leaders we deserve 

Still say the worlds gone mad 

Paul

Could be worse ! We could have Putin! He is stupid enough to send up a nuke! Maybe him and rocket boy will team up! Both are equally un hinged ! 

• Like 1

gotcha'  It's good now..    so gas in my town WAS $4.79 and diesel WAS $5.09 yesterday,. when I go to the parts house in a bit I will look at todays new price..  jojo