Yardo's Pix whenever I feel like posting some, February 2022 version.

1958 F.W.D.

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

I thought they had an app for that on thier phones???  ooops

what are these apps on the phone everyone talks about. i keep looking at the black and white rotary phone in my house and only have the 9 +0 numbers LOL. 

• Haha 1

a few years ago i went in a parts store and asked for a part number. parts monkey asked what is it for. 

i politely told him radiator for a 1967 volkswagon beetle. 

the store manager walked away laughing as the kid attacked the computer. just as the kid said i cant find that part, the manager came back with the part number i wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

18 hours ago, storkmack said:

We do a mix of work, and have been specing disc brakes since 2015 on all of our new equipment.    

these are ok for over the road use maybe, ok for in town for local delivery! My self after seeing them in action for a few years , wouldn't have them !

To hard to keep track of wear , wear out extremely fast in say a garbage packer situations we had a customer with a low bed he went back to drums !

The disc were good at holding the load back but in this application logging roads steep grades mud puddles tended to crack rotors the pads wore out extremely fast and were hella expensive to replace !

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Bob,  just go to "Dumbass.com"  you can get all the lates apps... like how to make a sandwich,  and how to wipe your ass, and so on..  Hell I got one that shows me how to open jars..  :) jojo

I wonder if it says funny as wallmartians.com

The discs all the way around was a bit of a drama to the uneducated within the department. I came from another department that bought a pumper back in 1989 that was discs all around and I have hated every rig with drum brakes I have ever driven since that unit. The do have a proven track record on fire apparatus for power, durability and longevity. Remember, fire apparatus (especially a volunteer department in a suburban or rural area) isn't going to see much mileage. Our 2006 pumper (which is what this ladder truck is replacing) has roughly 35,000 miles on it. Our 2013 pumper just broke 10k last week. 

I am fortunate that I know a few big wheels in the City of Philadelphia fleet management office and get to pick their brains occasionally. They are responsible for trash trucks, fire trucks, police cars, you name it.....Each agency has some say in what they want but ultimately fleet management has to OK it. Philadelphia has been playing with discs with a lot of success for the last 20+ years. The discs on the tandems came highly recommended by these guys. 

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

FWD, our 1965 GMC crackerbox 75 foot ladder truck had a whopping 15,000 miles on it when replaced in 1985.

the Sutphen that replaced it had about the same, 18,000 miles when it was replaced in 05. 

the current 100 foot Sutphen has about 20,000 miles on it. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 2/27/2022 at 7:43 AM, Joey Mack said:

Im well know at our Orielly store here in town, and when a new guy comes in I will mess with him.. I will have him bring up my business acct. then ask for a water pump, for a '62 Ford Camaro, with a 318 slant six..  ... and then I just wait...  The manager just stands there with a smerck on his face,  he knows, I did it to him years ago,,,  19 year old store manager...  He actually does a good job... :) jojo

working at Mack yrs back, I got in big trouble with parts room manager. new kid at the parts counter. I took a worn 3/8 bolt to the counter and asked the kid for a new crankshaft bolt,  it looked just like a crankshaft worn so bad, he searched then asked the manager. manager came to counter and let me know the kids got other things to do ! we didn't get along in the first place.