E6 350

John3406

My e6 350 in my 88 superliner is starting to defuel around 1550 rpms. Im thinking it shoul pull good to 18 or 1900. It runs damn good till you hit 1550 and by 1600 it has nothing.  When do your guys e6 start refueling.  Im going to send the pump out im sure governor is weak. Thanks

Fuel pressure is fine. No smoke. The pump is defueling like its governed at 1600. Empty or loaded makes no difference. Free revs to 2000. Just will not pull at all past 1600. On a hard pull its at 38 psi manifold pressure till you hit 1550 rpm then it starts dropping by 1650 its lucky to have 10 psi

7 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

If it holding 38 psi boost at 1500 then fuel pressure is ok and it got more than enough boost.Has this engine ever pulled up to 2100 before and just started this?A maxidyne engine will start to defuel early in the rpm range.What trans has this truck have?

Its got a 12 speed. When i first got it a couple years ago it pulled good to 1800 and its slowly gotten worse. 1800 was fine but 1600 isnt because when you shift its down to 1200. 

Sometimes filters clog slowly... And they do just that. Slowly over time they "trim" your governed speed lower and lower as the filter acts as a restriction point. If you haven't changed them recently then it's definitely worth doing before you go jumping on a $3,000 pump rebuild.

• Like 1

JoeH and Glenn... are you guys talking about the reversing relay screwed into the the intake manifold?  I am working on a Superliner with an E-6 4valve, and I was wondering if I should replace the reversing relay.. I havent checked to see if I can get one yet... just curious, Jojo

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

JoeH and Glenn... are you guys talking about the reversing relay screwed into the the intake manifold?  I am working on a Superliner with an E-6 4valve, and I was wondering if I should replace the reversing relay.. I havent checked to see if I can get one yet... just curious, Jojo

We deleted the one on our '79 endt676 because the fitting on the intake manifold broke. Barely makes any smoke, but this truck has always spooled up fast and ran like a beast.

A 88 should have the AFC made on top of the governor housing if its a robbert bosch.A 82 or older may have the Amco pump with the limit cylinder on the front of the rack with the reversing relay in the manifold.If its got a reversing relay then to check to see if its messed up just disconnet the line to the cylinder on the front of the pump and it will not limit the rack at all.

• Like 2

glenn akers

That’s the best part of this site. Nobody knows everything…idk if this is your style pump, but I posted this a little while ago. It has some good info in it and it might help point you in the right direction. 

• Like 1