E6 350

John3406

2 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

When i went to freightliner a few years latter i did work in fuel room but the was cummins pump and injectors.

That’s cool, did you deal a lot with that cummins pressure time? Didn’t some of those pumps have something called mechanical valve timing? Used fuel pressure and air to move the cam follwers?

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Now that we have more info I will give you my uneducated answer

Pumps gotta come off, someone has adjusted it and something has come loose inside and shifted, as was said, ot gradually got worse 

38 pounds boost is massive and the fact it is still holding that boost tells me something

And it only revs to 2000 with no load 

This definitely isnt a lack of fuel issue, rather as correctly diagnosed at the start a governor issue 

Paul 

yup i must agree 38 psi is way to aggressive to much fuel ! Its Either tuned up or something is a miss in the governor! I have seen the fuel stops fall off on the ambac pumps which would cause this little engine to perform like a race car! A turned up e6 will self destruct in short order by breaking main bolts or cracking the block at Number 4-5 main if left like this! I Guess pulling the pump is highly recommended with that view on it!   

• Like 1

If its a robert Bosch then some one may have been adjusting the hi/idle with out compressing the stops and broke them off.This would i think let the hi/idle back down but keep same rack setting.Then it would start gover shut off at a lower RPM but still be fueling same.I think.

• Like 1

glenn akers