Adding a sleeper to a b model

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I like my 67-72 models best. 

The black 70 was my daily for 12 yrs!  302 and a toploader 4spd.  Had a rowdy lil cam and 4.10 in the end.  Even driving it 15 miles up the highway every day to work.

Ive come to like 73-79 also as the early models are getting even harder to come by.

I owned a 1979 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT with a 400M big block Holley 4 Barrel 4wd with a C6 transmission. Thing weighed almost 3 tons And would do just about anything I needed it to. My Dad had one when I was younger and we did all kinds of things with it as well even hauled farm animals in the back a couple times. Can't beat them old trucks from back then.

• Like 1

I was always had a truck since I was younger my favorite was a 1977 chevy I bought painted it up I had 11 inches of lift on it 44 in super swampers and ended up swapping in a 6at3.4 cummins in it I was always into diesels I miss that truck sold it to a guy in winchester virginia

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Yes 79 was also a great year for Ford but I did like that 77 Chevy I think that was my favorite body  style of all year Chevrolet trucks when that came out my boss had a 73 brand spanking new I used to get to drive it a lot I really liked it  although I did  own a 48-51-53-60 and 70 …. And yes I have owned a Lotta vehicles and my day… Bob

i still have my 78 F250 4X4 i bought in 1980, and the 79 F350 4X4 i bought in 81. the 78 has a 400/C6, the 79 is 351M/C6.
my best ever buy was a 57 ford 2 door wagon with 312, 3 speed on the floor, and a factory installed McCullagh supercharger.  bought it in 82 for $50 running on 7 cylinders. 

changed the one bent exhaust pushrod and sold it for $1,200 less than 3 months later after realizing it would only get me dead, or in jail. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I also had a 57 two-door wagon 312 automatic paid 700 for it and 83 wife wanted a 64 Thunderbird that was for sale so we tried to unload the wagon and I couldn’t get anything for it wound up selling it to a junkyard for like 250 I don’t know what the problem was nobody wanted it Southern California car was immaculate

• Sad 1

It was pretty clean for its age it really didn’t need anything except a paint job another vehicle I had trouble getting rid of I wound up trading it even for a Yamaha 1100 pretty much the old only way I could get rid of it but that’s my life story it seems like every time I try to sell anything nobody wants it not sure what’s up with that… bob

thats a nice 2 dr wagon really do not see those anywhere and ya we are all off the original post but it don't matter lol just put the truck in the shed for the winter so not much will be happening I made the mounts so once I get it going again I'll post some more pics of it

• Like 1

your right I rember it was nothing to grab some cash and go buy something cool there were deals everywhere obama ruined that every pile of crap was then worth 5000 I rember buying a 87 blazer silverado no rust just some dents lifted from a car lot for 700 bucks ten grand today its sad

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They were built by Orville cab in Orville Ohio if I recall.  They cut and widened a stock B cab.  Very noticeable increase in cab space, as the doors are skewed outwards at an angle to blend with the wider sleeper area.  Though the doors don't open any wider then original, so actually less room to get in.   Kinda like the passenger side of a B.  Definitely tighter because of the air cleaner.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"