Adding a sleeper to a b model

On 10/2/2022 at 11:52 AM, mowerman said:

I’d like to have those hubs ,,,,, I think thier the type that except the stock Mack hubcap…. Bob

I have a set that I am not using with like new brake drums (no bearings or races), Shipping would be painful though. IMG_0946.thumb.JPG.a0298d08c4593a482fe232048f79f4cd.JPG

Thanks for letting me know yes the shipping is probably the nah I really don’t want them that bad besides  the hubcaps is a whole other story But yes it was definitely something I would like to have I’ll probably wind  up using baby moons  if I decide to go that route but I’m probably just going to paint everything. Thanks again for letting me know it’s certainly something to do kick around…and do not throw them out lol … Bob. Bob

9 hours ago, Mean Green said:

wow that frame looks amazing awsome work if I may ask what are you using on the front ? budd ? hub pilot just wondering 

If you check out some of LTK's other projects, you'll see that everything he does looks like that.  Quite the artist.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

On 10/5/2022 at 8:35 AM, mowerman said:

Thanks for letting me know yes the shipping is probably the nah I really don’t want them that bad besides  the hubcaps is a whole other story But yes it was definitely something I would like to have I’ll probably wind  up using baby moons  if I decide to go that route but I’m probably just going to paint everything. Thanks again for letting me know it’s certainly something to do kick around…and do not throw them out lol … Bob. Bob

No worries, I don't throw anything away. Sometimes I wish I could.

• Like 1

I want to run hub pilot on the steer on mine I allready did an air ride swap I have heard an fld freightliner axle will almost go right in that way I'll have all modern parts in the front as my break cans are bad and the tie rod is sloppy I just need to find somone to part with one on he cheap lol I have my old dayton rear axle and can't give it away wish I could trade or find someone who could use it

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

2 hours ago, Mean Green said:

I have heard an fld freightliner axle will almost go right in 

I would be surprised. The diff I used if from a 'shaker (2016) and the frame it came from is 2" wider than my "B". Also, the steer axle on my Pete's is 4" wider than my "B" and I suspect that all newer class 8's would be the same. This is also why I can not use a chrome bumper from a new truck as they are 4" wider and look goofy on a "B" IMO because they stick out 2" on each side past the fender. 

there is a nother member here I would have to look up the old post the used the fld axle he said the center pins were off by half an inch each so he made spacers under the springs that were offset and the tires were at the fenders the wheel part looks like it would be past but I don't think it would be off that bad

• Like 1

the cut off I used in the rear I think was international there was nothing left of the truck so I don't know and neither did the guy I got it from but that frame slid right over my frame I just squared it and drilled holes through both and bolted it together

• Like 1

Hmmmm, it never even occurred to me to just graft the frame from a newer truck to my Mack like you and Mean Green did. I just swapped the suspension and bolted it to the original frame. Not sure which would be easier but both ways work. I see you have a late 60's/early 70's Ford pickup in the other room. 

I was stretching it so needed to use the new frame.  Mine was only 150" single axle.  Not much room for anything on the back!  Lol.

I originally was going to butt them together but they ended up a perfect slip and I had enough to overlap 5ft.

The truck is my 69 F100.  Had it since 1988.  I was just a little pup then.

IMG_20150828_210201_684.jpg

IMG_20170712_205712_618.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I like my 67-72 models best. 

The black 70 was my daily for 12 yrs!  302 and a toploader 4spd.  Had a rowdy lil cam and 4.10 in the end.  Even driving it 15 miles up the highway every day to work.

Ive come to like 73-79 also as the early models are getting even harder to come by.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"