Adding a sleeper to a b model

• 3 weeks later...

It is paul I think once I have the floor cut and welded I'm going to paint strip it one more time and pressure wash off the last of the paint I also covered the hole to climb in from the cab I just can't bring my self to cut my cab open

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

The hole is there I just took out the rivets for the trim then used the same holes to install the aluminum plate to cover it .I run dual 5 inch stacks and I would have a big gap between the cab and sleeper I can't move the stacks farther forward cause it's up against the fuel tank allready and the tank is bout touching the fender maby once I have it on and fitted ill change my mind but for now I think I'll just leave them separate 

• Like 2

Wow I haven’t been following this the restoration on that sleeper looks just as tedious as the kitchen cabinet restoration I am right in the middle of nice progress bud hats off . And yes good luck with the cutting .. With a B model window I am sure you’re not going to be able to get through it unless you’re 5 years old .. good luck… bob

• Haha 1

Thanks Bob its been mostly paint stripping and sanding . All the nut serts were bad so I had to replace all those and I finally got some new door handles ordered it looks like Navistar interior handles are the same so I ordered 1 set and if they work will order a second set for the upper doors 

• Like 2

I'm picky on some things but I know there are others here that there work looks amazing I just like it shiny and straight and everything to work if you look under the cab you can still the men working on the sign I used to make the new removable floor section you can't see it unless your all the way under it lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...