88 Superliner cab interchangeable

Since your truck was made in Australia there wouldn't be much help from American guys on the subject. RW built in the US had different cab. And the cab on your truck is similar to a R-model cab used in the US and as how it looks to me from where I'm sitting Mack Australia used this style of a cab for all models built in the country. I mean R, RD, RW and Valueliner. Too possibly there were small nuances in the shape but generally Aussie cabs were the same. The main (and big) difference between US R-model and Superliner cabs was a cowl shape. R-model has top corners biased to follow the R hood curve. And the one for RW has square top corners, again to suit square RW hood. Mack Australia used the 1st style of the cab for both. And sorry I have no idea on it was different for early and later series Superliner or not. Judging by pictures posted on the net during 10+ years it appeared to me they were the same.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 1 month later...

They all fit and there’s 3 types. 1st is the pre 1973 R model/flintstone which isn’t extended behind the rear door pillars, if you have short legs it will do, but not original. Next is the extended cab which came out around the same time as coolpowers, also used on the Superliners. Around 1985 a galv cab was introduced. Then came the Valueliner, Mack’s cut off a small triangle below the air cleaners where your Superliner bonnet catches fasten with a angle grinder to suit the set back front axle. I’m presently using a Valueliner cab on my 1981 Superliner restoration which is very rusty, so I need to weld back those cut off pieces which I already have. Good luck finding a cab here in OZ. I ended up purchasing a whole truck just to get a cabin. So all Aussie cabs are basically the same.

PS. You could sell me the Superliner and find another. . . . Even more good luck finding a Superliner. 

cheers Steve 

Edited by Steve L
  • Like 2

Try Tylden Heritage, Kyneton, Vic they may still have some later cabs. I cant see enough of the cab damage, but if it is a generally rust free cab, (which it seems to be good) the door can be replaced and if the cab shell is not twisted, then a decent body guy should be able to get it back, at a reasonable cost

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest snag I remember (US cabs here) was that the "short" pre-'73 used a different type of front cab mount than what you see in the picture.  That one is the later "pivot" mount.  The older ones had a flat mount with a round rubber biscuit between the cab and mount.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, tjc transport said:

if i remember correctly, that is the difference between solid mount cab(flat mount with biscuit) and 

air ride cab. (pivot mount)

I'm not sure.  I was thinking all the later ones had the pivot mount on the front, regardless of mount type.  But, I can't swear to that.  Maybe every later model I saw just happened to be air ride!  I do have that kind of thing happen to me from time to time!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."