My Dream Machine ( DM )

Thanks for the reply.  I was under the impression its a spin on filter ?  I think I must have it wrong . 

The only thing I can find in the air line to the shifter is this . Has air in and air out . If I clean it ,and tear it apart , It may have a cartridge in it ? 

Its not very big . On top of the trans on drivers side .  

IMG_7105.jpeg.1e15d0f5399d03588427c92462ca290a.jpeg

Keith 

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

DM's Kick Ass!!!!!! I have driving the same truck,  and they just WORK....  I would buy a DM in a heartbeat....

I agree 100 percent !!!!   I've wanted one for a long time and thought I should buy one before they all get exported 😀

• Like 2

Keith 

1 minute ago, Onyx610 said:

Congratulations! I love DMs! Any plans for it?

Thanks , I'm slowly going to get it back to its former glory . In the meantime I will use it a little to move fill on some of my friends construction sites . 

• Like 1

Keith 

21 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks for the reply.  I was under the impression its a spin on filter ?  I think I must have it wrong . 

The only thing I can find in the air line to the shifter is this . Has air in and air out . If I clean it ,and tear it apart , It may have a cartridge in it ? 

Its not very big . On top of the trans on drivers side . 

Keith,

From my understanding there was a filter can installed indeed but on T107 series transmissions. T2070 etc didn't have any filter installed, just a small pressure governor (limiter?) fitted on the (rear?) top cover.

Cool looking truck you catched. Congrats!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

What is the size of the front tyres? Are they 385 or 425?

I hope I will share the reason I ask the other day :)

Thanks for your thoughts on the filter Vlad. I don't see any sign of a spin on filter, so I think I will leave things alone . The transmission  works and shifts amazing. I believe in preventative maintenance though , and didn't want to have trouble in the future . Thats why I was asking. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you want the large tires for . It actually has 445/65R 22.5 tires on the front. 

IMG_7117.jpeg.504bab226376f3002f7f7cd100f82f54.jpeg

• Like 1

Keith 

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Wow- looks pretty good to  me...good rubber, cab looks intact, same with dump

Faded paint is an easy fix😎  Good frame?

I agree, some faded paint is easy to buff out. I actually put the back tires on . It had tube type  that were cracked really bad. 

Its got some bent things underneath from off roading. even the speedo drive at back of trans was bent, somehow ?  Sure it was stuck bad. 

The frame is good though. Because it was a site truck most of its life, its never seen salt . 

Keith 

7 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

I agree, some faded paint is easy to buff out. I actually put the back tires on . It had tube type  that were cracked really bad. 

Its got some bent things underneath from off roading. even the speedo drive at back of trans was bent, somehow ?  Sure it was stuck bad. 

The frame is good though. Because it was a site truck most of its life, its never seen salt . 

That to  me says it all.  Usually my reaction to "site  truck"  is "hammered junk".  You raise a good point.  And as always, not everyone beats a truck because it has no road use.😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Horse said:

That to  me says it all.  Usually my reaction to "site  truck"  is "hammered junk".  You raise a good point.  And as always, not everyone beats a truck because it has no road use.😎

I agree with you 100 percent about "hammered junk". Normally I would never buy a "site truck" , but the lack of rust was appealing to me. It did look like it was well used. But not as bad as others I've seen . 

Keith 

Those front 445 wheels seem huge. How do they correspond with the rears? I mostly mean the look. You put 11R22.5 in place of 11.00R20 tubes there right?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

13 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Those front 445 wheels seem huge. How do they correspond with the rears? I mostly mean the look. You put 11R22.5 in place of 11.00R20 tubes there right?

Yes Vlad, they are 11r22.5 on the back.  I agree, they are large but I actually like the look of it. 

To be honest , I thought they were 425's . Thats what most people run around here. It wasn't till I looked for you that I saw they were bigger. 

My RD has 385's . I will take a pic for you to show the size difference.  The 385's look small beside them , lol . 

Keith