My engine is a 1980, 283HP with the air to air as part of the intake manifold. Ian told it i a 676 ENDT but have also been told it is an E-6. Is it one or the other or are these two monikers for the same engine?. Also, where would i find the torque curve for this engine?. 

9 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

My engine is a 1980, 283HP with the air to air as part of the intake manifold. Ian told it i a 676 ENDT but have also been told it is an E-6. Is it one or the other or are these two monikers for the same engine?. Also, where would i find the torque curve for this engine?. 

If the engine was built prior to April, 1980, the engine should be an ENDT-676. Effective in April, 1980 and for a few years, the designation was changed to something like ETAZ673XXXX. I don't remember when, but sometime in the early 1980's the E-6 designation came along.

They are basically the same engine with the alphanumerics changing during the years.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have recently been trying to figure some of this out as well. I have a 1960'ish ENDT 673 (E-6) in my shop now and had 2 other END (non-turbo) 673's over the last 2 years. I knew them to be called E-6's.. "E-6 2 valve" They were all 672 C.I.D.'s... I didn't think the engine number was the same as the displacement, because I didn't believe that with each series, they would build a new engine that was one cubic inch bigger, ( the 673), or 4 more cubic inches, (the 676)...  I hope to learn more about this on this thread.  Jojo

Thanks. I am, also looking for the torque curve as i have 2 diffs I am considering. The one will put me at 1400RPM @ 60MPH and the other at 1250RPM @ 60 MPH and am deciding which would be the best. I am a believer that an engine is at it's most efficient at or near peak torque so if I can find the torque curve i can choose which diff to use. This truck will NOT being pulling anything heavy (holiday trailer) and if i can keep the RPM down it should be reasonably quiet and if it cruises at/near peak torque should pull great and be best on fuel (not that this is a HUGE concern). Any thoughts on this would be welcomed. 

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I have recently been trying to figure some of this out as well. I have a 1960'ish ENDT 673 (E-6) in my shop now and had 2 other END (non-turbo) 673's over the last 2 years. I knew them to be called E-6's.. "E-6 2 valve" They were all 672 C.I.D.'s... I didn't think the engine number was the same as the displacement, because I didn't believe that with each series, they would build a new engine that was one cubic inch bigger, ( the 673), or 4 more cubic inches, (the 676)...  I hope to learn more about this on this thread.  Jojo

The 676 was a 285 hp engine the 675 was a 237 hp.    terry:MackLogo: and i do believe the 676 had variations up to 315+.

Thanks again Glenn...  I also know the E-7 is 728 C.I.D.,  but these are the engines I have the most experience in...  Not a genius.... Just know how to fix 'em....  Jojo.. These threads are a good tool for me, because of all of you guys that own them and have run them for years.... This is not my thread, but, I absorb the teachings... Thank's.. Joey

Bought the diff for my B-61 project. Went with the 2.53 gear. I couldn't use the first one I was looking at as it had disc brakes and i want to run daytons but they had another with drums and locker for the same price. 2016 Detroit with 70,000 miles on it, airliner suspension. This will put me at 1250 RPM at 60 MPH. I found the torque spec on my engine and peak torque is @ 1200 RPM so I figure my operating range will be 1000 to 1800 RPM with the TRXL 107 trans that I will be running. Oh, and they are to throw in a pair of dayton hubs with the diff so I don't have to rob them off my parts truck. Hoping to sell the rear clip complete. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I am in the process of painting my engine while the weather is nice and can do it outside. A couple friends came over last night and were looking at the engine and one asked "what year is it?". I said "I think it;s an 80 or 81, I'll check the tag". I had masked off the tag prior to painting but didn't really look at it so I look and say, " yup, manufacture date jan, '81". Then I notice something. I hadn't actually LOOKED at the tag, just took the guys word for it that it was a 676, 283HP. Nope. Apparently, it's an E6-350. Apparently I got a bigger herd than I thought. I guess i should have checked before asking specific questions about it (DUH) but at least I know now exactly what I have. Gonna set the valves while I have the covers off so it's good to know for sure to get the proper specs in case they are different.