Center point hubs

storkmack

Any chance you have a pic + model year?  I'm about to learn something and I know some people with Old macks and have trucks tucked in the trees at thier shops...  Jojo

On 2/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, storkmack said:

Looking for some center point budd hubs, any leads?

By Centre point; Do you Mean Hub Pilot Wheels as apposed to Stud Pilot Wheels..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, storkmack said:

Hope this pic helps.   Dailydieseldose has a good write up on the Center Point  steering system.

D9299B1E-6BAF-468C-BAC0-DF53685370ED.jpeg

butler truck parts  in pa. may have what you are looking for there were several older int. mixers & dumps out in back last time i was by there . thats been 8 or more mths. ago . might be worth a call

Edited by carlotpilot

2 hours ago, storkmack said:

Hope this pic helps.   Dailydieseldose has a good write up on the Center Point  steering system.

D9299B1E-6BAF-468C-BAC0-DF53685370ED.jpeg

Thanks for That. That's My new thing learnt Today..

We never got those Down here in Australia. or if they did I've never heard of, or seen them.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Well I figure for a hobby truck they the wedges will be just fine.  I have a set of 5 hole aluminum wheels that I feel will just look great on this truck.   Out side of that it needs a starter solenoid, air leaks fixed, and general cleaning up.   Should be a fun truck to run around with. 

54 minutes ago, Truck Shop said:

Center point spindles use a totally vertical King Pin and the bearing spacing is different compared to a conventional axle/spindle. 

We don’t have front brakes.   Shouldn’t be an issue to leave the drums off?

Not much of a difference in the way anything drives with a trailer on but it can be a hairy experience when slick and bobtail. The IH must be a tandem truck as 4 wheel brakes were mandated in those years but not on the steer axle till the 1975 model year for all trucks. 1974 and back front brakes were an option on a tandem chassis.

Always liked the center point hubs on a power steering truck as it helped them return to center easily. Particularly if the hydraulic system was "Garrison" as it really didn't have a good RTC unless with center point steering.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.