Why no more Mack Photo Archives Books?

There are some nice Mack photo archives books out there that are dedicated to certain model lines such as AC, AP, E, L, B and fire truck models that also describe things about them. How come there are no dedicated book on probably the longest produced model like the  R or DM for example or models afterwards? Yes there are a few general books on Mack history but it would have been nice to see on more models with info on them.

Jam Bulldog: The books you are referring to were put out (edited from with permission from the Mack Museum) by Thomas E. Warth. I have volume 2 of the B models. Great picture book but has almost no dialogue. Volume one of the B models is quite pricy if you can find it. Some of these books can be found on ebay or amazon. I guess Mr. Warth didn't get around to the later F's G's W's R's DM's RD's MH's etc. May bee some Mack eager beaver can pick up the torch. I am not sure if Mr. Warth is still with us.   Just checked on Amazon Volume 1 of the B models is for sale for $987.00!(What)! Volume 2 can be had on ebay for about $ 50.00) Still some L model books available for about $50.00.🙂

Edited by james j neiweem

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Just checked on Amazon Volume 1 of the B models is for sale for $987.00!(What)! 🙂

Can't belive!

Checked out my shelf and found out a B-model Volume 1 getting dust there. Seems like if I wait for a couple more years I would be able to swap it for a real B-model truck including shipping:)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Interesting find  in Mr. Warth's Mack B models volume 2. Go to page  112 and see a picture of a B733 LS  and Look at the cab. It  almost looks like a for runner of the R model cab. The B733 LS on the next page has the L model cab. Anybody know the story of the cab on page 112.😗

Does anyone have pics of that?

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

It would be great to see a book done on the R series why they changed from the B to the R. Either those knowable people are gone or Volvo doesn't want to be reminded of an icon  there ruining 

I agree, I think the R and maybe the DM deserve their own book because they were probably Mack's longest running models.

23 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Interesting find  in Mr. Warth's Mack B models volume 2. Go to page  112 and see a picture of a B733 LS  and Look at the cab. It  almost looks like a for runner of the R model cab. The B733 LS on the next page has the L model cab. Anybody know the story of the cab on page 112.😗

Looks like some experimental cab indeed. But doesn't show any countours of the series R-model cab. Interesting.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, h67st said:

I have some Mack photo books, this is a really nice one--Mack Driven for a Century by John Heilig. You can get it on ebay and other places for $20.00. Lots of photos and history from the beginning through 1999.

Mack book.jpg

I have this one, too.  It's actually pretty informative.  Seems like I bought it off the discount table at a book store for $9.95.  Of course, that was a loooooong time ago!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Swishy, Thanks for the photo's the last cat bulldozer I drove was a twenty I showed the owner how to start it and operate the tractor. Kind of an odd model lots more 10's around or the d-2's or d-4's. Back in the early 70's I worked on a 20 old logger run it and a 933 track loader no one would go near the 20 hand crank start everyone was afraid to try it just pull up and keep your thumb out and no problems.

15 hours ago, davehummell said:

Swishy, Thanks for the photo's the last cat bulldozer I drove was a twenty I showed the owner how to start it and operate the tractor. Kind of an odd model lots more 10's around or the d-2's or d-4's. Back in the early 70's I worked on a 20 old logger run it and a 933 track loader no one would go near the 20 hand crank start everyone was afraid to try it just pull up and keep your thumb out and no problems.

Good tip on the technique!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."