Iron on transfers

5 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I had a sweater with a beautiful Cruiseliner put on it when I was a kid. From one of those many tee-shirt shops that used to be around back in the day where they had hundreds of pics to choose from.

But I wore that one out.

I grew up in a town of maybe 100 a people (grew up 3 mile out of town on a farm)  and once or twice a year we would go to Colac our next biggest town during school holidays and it was around 10,000 people 

I remember when my brother and I got a T shirt, the one shown was his and I got a SAR Kenworth on mine 

The shop was the sporting goods shop and as you described had 100's of iron on transfers 

I remember I had no idea what was going and Mum getting frustrated as I dicked around, didn't know about transfers at the time 

It was pretty special to me, yeah I know it's lame by todays standards but they were great old days, I have a feeling mine lost its sleeves when tried to be even cooler one summer 

Far more fun than today's kids, dragster push bike, a bag full of lollies 5 cents worth (we got the 5 cents for riding the 3 mile to town to get tge Saturday Age paper for Dad), a cool T shirt, shorts and thongs (flip flops I think you blokes call them)

Had the tranny (transistor radio) going pumping out some cool tunes 

What a life 

Paul

• Like 1

I also remember those iron transferred T-shorts. But here they showed up later, actually in late 80's when Perestroyka took its time and new public oriented technologies flooded the empty market. Personally i don't remember the transfers you could buy. Usually it was a shop you choose a pic and get it on a white T-short. Definitely none of Mack pics ever showed up so i had to satisfy myself with DB5 Aston Martin print.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

9 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

I also remember those iron transferred T-shorts. But here they showed up later, actually in late 80's when Perestroyka took its time and new public oriented technologies flooded the empty market. Personally i don't remember the transfers you could buy. Usually it was a shop you choose a pic and get it on a white T-short. Definitely none of Mack pics ever showed up so i had to satisfy myself with DB5 Aston Martin print.

I'll bet you felt like James Bond wearing that😁

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alex g said:

I'll bet you felt like James Bond wearing that😁

You nailed that Alex!

I must have a group photo where I was dressed in the T-shirt. But it was printed on paper and the closest place I remember seeing it last time was on a wall in my friend's apartment in Dusseldorf Germany:)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...

i still have the iron on transfer with the COE mack . never put it on a shirt. big question is where is it. move from CT to TN and now back again; so much stuff got miss placed. will keep on eye out for it . have been going through boxes lately ; not much else to do in new england. too cold for yard work and virus has everyone on "lock down" . back to building truck models. 

• Like 1