What is a Veteran?

41chevy

Thank you all. Thank you to all our veterans. Thank you to our Allies veterans also.  There is a very special place in our family for you. As l type this we are watching a program about Pearl Harbor. The subject is a sailor named Joe George that saved six other sailors off the Arizona. Well worth looking this up, Lifeline: Pearl Habor

Thank you and God Bless you all.    .....Hippy 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Thank you all. Thank you to all our veterans. Thank you to our Allies veterans also.  There is a very special place in our family for you. As l type this we are watching a program about Pearl Harbor. The subject is a sailor named Joe George that saved six other sailors off the Arizona. Well worth looking this up, Lifeline: Pearl Habor

Thank you and God Bless you all.    .....Hippy 

Uncle was a Chief Pharmacists Mate on the Oklahoma, his remains were ID'd a little over a year ago and he is now home.

J.F.M. went head to head with a M14 against RPG so myself and 6 others could get to cover. Last of my crew died last year of orange. I've no idea why I'm still about.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 11/12/2020 at 10:59 AM, Outbehindthebarn said:

My dad in Vietnam.

IMG_4216.thumb.JPG.80cc5c40df55850e0cf9aacefa607014.JPGIMG_5553.thumb.jpeg.985ccd4632daefa67889c18c2d477cde.jpeg

Geez, we really young when we off the Nam. I arrived in country 2 months before my 19th b day and came home almost a year later aged like 50 years.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 11/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, terry said:

Got the Browning Automatic Rifle or BAR on his shoulder!   terry:MackLogo:

Looks more like the M60 I dragged all over with the pistol grip, the cooling wings on the bi pod and the open front sight legs. But that was over 40 years ago

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Looks more like the M60 I dragged all over with the pistol grip, the cooling wings on the bi pod and the open front sight legs. But that was over 40 years ago

Yeah i am not totally sure either, been a long long time ago!  terry:MackLogo:

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

It is the M60. My father's involvement in Vietnam is almost entirely unknown to me, but I do know that he carried the M60. . . and that after being drafted, and subsequently sent to Alaska (Fort Greely?) to dig potatoes and haul trash, he volunteered to go to Vietnam to escape the cold and bleak boredom... the rest is mostly a mystery to me. I do know his older brother became a Marine reservist which I understood was the safe choice for him to make(?) while leaving his younger brother at home to help granddad farm... Dad drew the short straw. He was 19 when he left.

• Like 2

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.