Finishing up my B-61

13 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Nice-what year and what is power train?  Rubber?

It's either a 59 or 60. I'm waiting for the Mack Museum to reopen to get a production date.

The truck has the 673 with a direct duplex. The fronts are 10-22 and the rears are 11.00-22 off road tires. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Yarnall- I'll call you. My messages may not be hitting you.

1 hour ago, Frank Y said:

It's either a 59 or 60. I'm waiting for the Mack Museum to reopen to get a production date.

The truck has the 673 with a direct duplex. The fronts are 10-22 and the rears are 11.00-22 off road tires. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Yarnall- I'll call you. My messages may not be hitting you.

Thx-very nice.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Wow...that is near a twin to what my truck was 20 yrs ago before I starting upgrading it:
Mvc-001s.jpg

Yeah, that's the pic that convinced me to keep the cab white. I was going to paint the cab and hood green w black fenders but my 26 Chevy has those colors. My dually pickup is white. But I saw yours, and my wife and I both agreed to go that route.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 609albert said:

looks like you have a Morton pole building...NICE

Na, my building is the red one in the front view picture. Built by Pioneer. The Morton is at the neighbors farm down the road.

15 hours ago, Frank Y said:

Yeah, that's the pic that convinced me to keep the cab white. I was going to paint the cab and hood green w black fenders but my 26 Chevy has those colors. My dually pickup is white. But I saw yours, and my wife and I both agreed to go that route.

The white/black fender was the color scheme of the towing company I bought it from.   Every truck they had, big or small was the same.   They had a fleet of B's at one time and this was the remaining working truck.  I keep in touch with the owner occasionally(he retired and sold out) and have asked for pictures from way back.   If you look closely at the fender it says "B 61 Squadron".  After I painted the fenders, I've wanted to get that painted back on.  Someday.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"