Found this only a few miles from home.

1 hour ago, Whiskymack said:

753: Isn't that CAT powered? Looks like it needs rescuing although the cab looks rough.

It has a 1674 cat and looks like a 13 speed and 4 spring reyco.   I think the L in the vin means light weight?   Looks to have a bunch of aluminum brackets.    Cab looks to be about beyond repair and hood is broke several place too.    I’ll keep ya’s posted.   

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Hobert62 said:

It has a 1674 cat and looks like a 13 speed and 4 spring reyco.   I think the L in the vin means light weight?   Looks to have a bunch of aluminum brackets.    Cab looks to be about beyond repair and hood is broke several place too.    I’ll keep ya’s posted.   

So it's one of those....."I know what I have, don't low ball me!". Lol!

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mark T said:

What's the little radiator (?) in front of the radiator ?

Original owner mod.      It has a belt driven water pump and it’s hook up to the aftercooler.     Has its own water cooling system.   

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Looks like a common later series R-model cab to me. What's wrong with the existing one? From the pics it looks like a couple of spray cans could do the fix.

Floors and rain gutters are almost missing and rocker panels are full of body filler.   

42 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

Original owner mod.      It has a belt driven water pump and it’s hook up to the aftercooler.     Has its own water cooling system.   

Ahhhh  I see.   There's a lot to explore on that truck from looking at the pictures.  At some point, that truck was loved