Jump to content

Found this only a few miles from home.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Whiskymack said:

753: Isn't that CAT powered? Looks like it needs rescuing although the cab looks rough.

It has a 1674 cat and looks like a 13 speed and 4 spring reyco.   I think the L in the vin means light weight?   Looks to have a bunch of aluminum brackets.    Cab looks to be about beyond repair and hood is broke several place too.    I’ll keep ya’s posted.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Hobert62 said:

It has a 1674 cat and looks like a 13 speed and 4 spring reyco.   I think the L in the vin means light weight?   Looks to have a bunch of aluminum brackets.    Cab looks to be about beyond repair and hood is broke several place too.    I’ll keep ya’s posted.   

So it's one of those....."I know what I have, don't low ball me!". Lol!

  • Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Looks like a common later series R-model cab to me. What's wrong with the existing one? From the pics it looks like a couple of spray cans could do the fix.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark T said:

What's the little radiator (?) in front of the radiator ?

Original owner mod.      It has a belt driven water pump and it’s hook up to the aftercooler.     Has its own water cooling system.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Looks like a common later series R-model cab to me. What's wrong with the existing one? From the pics it looks like a couple of spray cans could do the fix.

Floors and rain gutters are almost missing and rocker panels are full of body filler.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

Original owner mod.      It has a belt driven water pump and it’s hook up to the aftercooler.     Has its own water cooling system.   

Ahhhh  I see.   There's a lot to explore on that truck from looking at the pictures.  At some point, that truck was loved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...