CL Premier Edition

Hans Remmers

No association, price dropped to $29000.  I personally know the last 2 owners from NY and MA.  Neither knew the relevance to the badge on the hood.  It was a pretty clean and mechanically sound truck but my boss steered clear of it because of the frame spread 3 years ago.  Current owner removed the gold pinstripes :(

You don't see these very often

https://nwct.craigslist.org/hvo/d/salisbury-mack-tri-axle/7174576725.html

00N0N_kzTaWwrgsVq_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

By the time you get done messing with crossmembers and may as well fix everything attached to the frame as long as it's apart it'll probably be twice that. Maybe worth it for a specialized truck that costs north of $200k new, but for a garden variety dump truck may as well by a new or newer one.

Agree with you on that, good way to rebuild a usable truck for much less than the cost of new. But the problem with a lot of these decades old trucks is that they're on the brink of the truck equivalent of "multi organ failure"- They need engine and transmission rebuilds, brake and suspension work, cab repairs, etc.. and by the time you're done you've got almost as much in it as a new truck but still have decades old parts breaking.

1 hour ago, david wild said:

Once again your speaking about something you know nothing of, you can rebuild a "decades" old truck, have a better truck and more reliable truck but as a union drone you only think of a new clean ride you can ruin and not the true cost of ownership, you speak from ignorance of a employee and not a owner.

I've only been playing with trucks for about a half century, so thanks for enlightening me with your boundless expertise. And you're correct. I have no experience as an owner, because I'm good enough at math to do the numbers and see that I was better off as a company driver...

Hopefully that's the case, but it's from the rust belt and if the frame is jacked from rust, the cab may not have that many years of use in it yet. There's also the issue of parts availability- Volvo doesn't seem to willing to supply parts to keep Mack engines running.

1 hour ago, Maxidyne said:

I've only been playing with trucks for about a half century, so thanks for enlightening me with your boundless expertise. And you're correct. I have no experience as an owner, because I'm good enough at math to do the numbers and see that I was better off as a company driver...

While you have been playing some of us having been working, Oh and I know your so better off than the rest of us we are constantly reminded, I have seen the pyramids in Cairo, what was the hanging gardens of Babylon, flown around the world countless times on the largest cargo plane, seen the plains of south Africa, been to Island of Crete been to the Parthenon in Greece, have sailed out to sea on a cargo ships and seen the coast from out at sea,  have you ? NO I doubt it, so yeah there have been days that were lean and tough but in the end I have done things and been places you will only dream of, I have lived a life adventure and made quite a bit of money doing it and yes I can quit but why ?? to sit on my butt and vegetate,  I run my own rescue for Cats because no one else will, I fund it without support, I get to do special projects for the USMC and Air Force that you read about and admire, I move the oversize Aircraft for the Smithsonian, not some company but me, myself that means that I get to do something you will never will do and very few will ever do and you will only read about or see on it TV so sit at your computer and be so smug but you have done nothing, I have left a legacy, I personally have done what others dream about and what have you done ? forget the money when you die it means crap it's what you done while you lived, I have friends around the world and you really have nothing but your pension and greed making you a pathetic old shrew.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hans Remmers said:

Neither knew the relevance to the badge on the hood.

Would someone  mind explaining to Me, What's Different about a Premier Edition.?? 

We never got them Down here.!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, david wild said:

While you have been playing some of us having been working, Oh and I know your so better off than the rest of us we are constantly reminded, I have seen the pyramids in Cairo, what was the hanging gardens of Babylon, flown around the world countless times on the largest cargo plane, seen the plains of south Africa, been to Island of Crete been to the Parthenon in Greece, have sailed out to sea on a cargo ships and seen the coast from out at sea,  have you ? NO I doubt it, so yeah there have been days that were lean and tough but in the end I have done things and been places you will only dream of, I have lived a life adventure and made quite a bit of money doing it and yes I can quit but why ?? to sit on my butt and vegetate,  I run my own rescue for Cats because no one else will, I fund it without support, I get to do special projects for the USMC and Air Force that you read about and admire, I move the oversize Aircraft for the Smithsonian, not some company but me, myself that means that I get to do something you will never will do and very few will ever do and you will only read about or see on it TV so sit at your computer and be so smug but you have done nothing, I have left a legacy, I personally have done what others dream about and what have you done ? forget the money when you die it means crap it's what you done while you lived, I have friends around the world and you really have nothing but your pension and greed making you a pathetic old shrew.

You almost had a persuasive argument there until you sunk to name calling.

Couldn't help it I think you might deserve it with your holier than thou union kool aid drinking attitude you would be surprised at the success others have had without being union, you might find that there are lot a people that are non union have done well and are really good people, until you have a more open mind I think you will get disrespected as you have sown the seeds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terry said:

Was wondering that too.    terry:MackLogo:

There was a thread on here almost 10 years back about them.  It was about that long ago that I found one wrecked that I was trying to buy parts off of it.  Special hood badges and a dash nameplate and gold pinstripes along the body lines.  That is all I see that distinguishes them from a "true" Elite CL.  So many CL's were badged Elite on the grill and hood with only basic level 3 interior.  I've only seen these as dump trucks with very limited powertrain options and the production number was only around 150 if I remember correctly.

I don't think its junk yet by any means.  The first owner I knew to have it replaced it with a new Pete, the latter I knew gave up on dump trucking and went back to a tractor for better rates.  He is a true Peterbilt fag, but told me more than once that he was much more happy driving this old Mack than the brand new W900 largecar sleeper tractor he bought after it.

• Like 2